At last a warm head on a cold morning.....

CraigHew

OK, I realise that this might not be to everyone's taste, or even many people's.

Bought as a birthday present last December I only got to use it in the Westfield for the first time yesterday morning.

6:15 am and 2 degrees C.

For the last 6 or 7 years I've used a variety of beanie hats, the better, warmest ones bought from "Guy Martin Proper" on-line shop.

Anyway as I don't really care what I look like so long as I'm warm I ordered this from "greycar" (link below).  My god, it's like having central heating for your head.  The neck flap makes a difference too.

Not cheap but then it is a very well-made quality item even if I do look like Chubby Brown's grandad.

Just thought I'd share my findings.

Long-neck-bomber-cut-out-300dpi-600x600.jpg.0b92b1625811664f78c6da50cbd128e7.jpg

https://www.greycar.com/product/long-neck-bomber-sheepskin-flying-helmet/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My favourite winter dog walking hat

CD46F6C6-3520-43DD-A834-4035B9127BDF.thumb.jpeg.a9eee6227f2a73315a4ef5f057d4d312.jpeg

• Like 1

My Dad bought on for riding in my Westfield. So far I haven't tried it, sticking with my 'road kill' Yukon hat instead (camo version of the one Rush Motorsport just put up) :) Warm is warm at the end of the day. I might have to add a neck flap...

16 minutes ago, CraigHew said:

OK, I realise that this might not be to everyone's taste, or even many people's.

Bought as a birthday present last December I only got to use it in the Westfield for the first time yesterday morning.

6:15 am and 2 degrees C.

For the last 6 or 7 years I've used a variety of beanie hats, the better, warmest ones bought from "Guy Martin Proper" on-line shop.

Anyway as I don't really care what I look like so long as I'm warm I ordered this from "greycar" (link below).  My god, it's like having central heating for your head.  The neck flap makes a difference too.

Not cheap but then it is a very well-made quality item even if I do look like Chubby Brown's grandad.

Just thought I'd share my findings.

Long-neck-bomber-cut-out-300dpi-600x600.jpg.0b92b1625811664f78c6da50cbd128e7.jpg

https://www.greycar.com/product/long-neck-bomber-sheepskin-flying-helmet/

i have one of those, i always feel as if i have just climbed out of a lancaster bomber, but as you say - i dont care its my head thats nice and warm in winter. summer has the mandatory - isnt it.. flat cap...

I actually find putting a hood up on whatever jacket I'm wearing is a really effective way to keep warm, but I also wear a baseball cap under the hood, so when I turn my head the hood turns too!