Calling the  IT brains

Barry Ashcroft

Reloaded my PC with XP did have ME.Loaded up with same version of Office 2000.Now all my old saved documents in excel with dates in them have all changed to the american format of month first.Pain in the A*** when I just wont to print an old document with out changing all the dates around.

Any Ideas as to why this has happened.

Many Thanks

Barry :bangshead:

Look in the control panel under 'International' or 'Regional Settings'. You've probably got the default locale set to be the US.

Not at an XP machine right now, so can't check. If you still can't find it let me know.

Andy

Andy is right. Just go to Start-control panel - Regional and language options.  Then just make sure that under the three tabs that appear that you set everything to English (United Kingdom).  Then just double check nothing is set to US settings.

I'm running XP Pro, so hopefully that should if it....also make sure you have all the Windows Updates, and Office Updates, as you know what Micorsoft is like for updates!!!!

Hope this helps,

Chris.

Ps. Make sure the filewall is switch on too!!

Cheers guys when I checked it was all set to English(United States)

Thanks very much :D

Barry