Fire proof suit required on opentrack trackdays from July

Simon Waterfall Syman84

😮 My WSCC jacket would be welded to me!

I can see the benefit in this, and I would happily oblige, but surely this should be across the board for all vehicles to avoid any confusion. 

Im guessing other track day companies will be following (racing) suit! Should I start saving up now?

I'm in the process of buying the full kit. Plus a plumbed in fire extinguisher. Better to have it and not need it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, a15cro said:

😮 My WSCC jacket would be welded to me!

I can see the benefit in this, and I would happily oblige, but surely this should be across the board for all vehicles to avoid any confusion. 

Im guessing other track day companies will be following (racing) suit! Should I start saving up now?

does make sense, but yeah i agree it should be for all classes not just kits, tintops burn as well as a kit can imo, admittedly fibreglass bodies dont help but a tintop is more likely to have a full interior - carpets and all that.

I bought a new pair of gloves last year, but went for karting gloves, I knew I should have gone car, just my luck. 

2 minutes ago, a15cro said:

I bought a new pair of gloves last year, but went for karting gloves, I knew I should have gone car, just my luck. 

im not familiar with karting gear, is it not fia approved then...

also has that opentrack club specified a spec... i mean i have my old overalls from the early 90's, based on they want a fire retardant suit that would satisfy the rule - but no way would i use it for motorsport today.

9FBE6C44-46DC-4F87-AFEB-C578EDDFBFF3.jpeg.152a39d0984d22a76a822cebfb400a3d.jpeg

“These heated seats are brilliant!”

• Haha 3

Just now, BenD said:

Apparently factory built cars don't count. 🤷‍♂️

crackers....

Just now, BenD said:

I was just posting that. Makes no sense at all. 

Should be across the board. Tintops aswell

3 minutes ago, BenD said:

Not a dig at the factory in anyway. Just saying it should be all cars not just self built kits

for those that wont buy a suit, i wonder if they will demand you show proof of a factory build, still makes no sense however.

I’ve just read through a load of comments on the Facebook page, and someone, made a point that struck home to me.

I wore a one piece leather suit and all the protective gear on my bike track days, it actually saved me in a spill at Cadwell. I went for the best I could afford at the time, and most definitely the boots stopped me from breaking my ankle. 

I have never really given the Westfield much thought when it comes to Trackdays,  apart from a good helmet! I would have been more concerned about turning up in a suit and looking a bit of a plumb, and how ridiculous is that! Maybe a little bit of complacency has crept in, being in a car.