East Yorkies News

hogman

Hi everyone

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for attending the AGM, it was good to see you all again and good to welcome the newbies to the area, hope we will see alot more of you at the meets!

Heres the main points of the meeting...

* As 2003 I will produce a 2004 Calendar showing all the info of events, this will be in Excel format again.

* Rolling Road shoot out round 2! Paul has kindly offered to help out organise this event, again it will be held at Denis Vesseys, Paul will advise on details.

* Coast2Coast support - it was decided that we should attend en-masse as an area and join in the Coast2Coast run organised by Simon, most people mentioned that it will be Sunday (West Yorkshire to Robin Hoods Bay) that will be of most interest. Anyone interested in attending please let me know as i have to pass info onto Simon.

* Mobile numbers were exchanged, this is for when out on blasts if we get seperated we can call to regroup. For those who didnt manage to attend the meeting please pass yor mobile number for record.

* It was agreed again to try to organise a couple of runs out into Lincolnshire and the North York Moors. Last year didnt see any interest from the area members so this year please try to attend! Further details to follow, and if anyone knows of any good routes or roads please let me know.

* One thing was mentioned that it would be nice to have an aim to the blats out with a stop in the middle for chips/ice-cream/beer :-) So all future blats will bare this in mind and have atleast a stop in there for refreshments.

* Elvington 2004 trackday. The main WSCC committee are supposed to be organising a WSCC members only event, this seems to have stalled in the planning stage, so if nothing is sorted with this I will organise another exclusive Westfield session on the July 11th Bookatrack day, more details will be advised in due course.

* It was agreed to attend 3 Kit Car shows this year, the plan would be to meet up early and travel in convoy down to the event. The shows agreed on were:- Harrogate, Newark and Donington.

* Interest was also shown in attending some Speed Series and Hill Climb events in the area, not to particpate but to watch, we did this last year but there wasnt much interest, we will organise it again this year, likely events will be the SS at Elvington and possibly Scarboro, and the Harewood Experience Hillclimb weekend.

* Lastly Paul offered to investigate making a deal with Javelin to get some discount off a specific event at Cadwell for members, Paul will send more info in due course.

Well I think thats everything, apologises for the delays in getting organised but things are very busy for me at the moment with the business opening a new studio! I will try to be better organised :-) (But no promises!!!;)

See you all on the 4th April at the first meet!

Cheers

Kevin

can you add my name to your mailing list kevin for your events marra - i'm usually out on the n york moors somewhere might be able to join up somewhere or other one day - terry.brown3@ntlworld.com :D

thanks

Terry

ps why on yoghurt adverts has the spoon never got yoghurt on the bottom of the spoon ??

The main WSCC committee are supposed to be organising a WSCC members only event

Point of Order  :D  :D  :D

That's the first I've ever heard of an Elvington National WSCC trackday  :angry:  :angry:  :D  :D and it has never been discussed at any national commitee meet that I've ever attended  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  

Kevin - I would appreciate it if you could you please let me know where, how and whom you obtained info from please  :D a PM or e-mail is fine  :D

It was agreed to attend 3 Kit Car shows this year, the plan would be to meet up early and travel in convoy down to the event. The shows agreed on were:- Harrogate, Newark and Donington.

Any chance some of you folks could Contact Chris Elworthy - Show Co-Ordinator and offer some assistance and become WSCC stand volunteers  :D  :D  ???   ;)

Hello Peeps!

Terry - no problem will put you on the mailing list and hope to see you at some of our meets, you are more than welcome to come along! If you can recommend any good roads in the NY moors please let me know so we can plan routes. :cool:  :cool:

Mark - you got a PM. Ah so no WSCC day at Elvington? Wheres Mr Algar when you need him?  :p  ;)  :oops:

I am sure between us we can organise a nice Track Day event at Elvington again - its a GREAAT place for having fun in a Westie! :love:  :love:  :love:

I will also offer some assistance at the shows, Mr E, you will be getting mail!  :D

Cheers

Kevin

Mark - you got a PM

No I ain't  ;)  :down:  :D

Ah so no WSCC day at Elvington?

Not one that can be organised by National Committee  ;) work tends to get in the way ;)

I am sure between us we can organise a nice Track Day event at Elvington again - its a GREAAT place for having fun in a Westie!

Good on ya - Elvington would be much easier organised on a local basis  ;)  :D  :D

Nope  :down:  :down: I'm getting em from others though  :D  regarding stuff  :D

try an e-mail  :D

Hello Peeps!

Terry - no problem will put you on the mailing list and hope to see you at some of our meets, you are more than welcome to come along! If you can recommend any good roads in the NY moors please let me know so we can plan routes. :cool:  :cool:

Mark - you got a PM. Ah so no WSCC day at Elvington? Wheres Mr Algar when you need him?  :p  ;)  :oops:

I am sure between us we can organise a nice Track Day event at Elvington again - its a GREAAT place for having fun in a Westie! :love:  :love:  :love:

I will also offer some assistance at the shows, Mr E, you will be getting mail!  :D

Cheers

Kevin

Thanks kevin for that - i will see about knockin up some route plans for you all.

i have one already here that was run back end of last year -

http://www.marshalsmugshots.co.uk/kit_car_runs.htm

i was talking to nick the other day and he was telling that he was having problems with getting it booked due to fixture congestion or something - hes missing the coast to coast as well due to other commitment - shame - nice chap!

cya :cool: