Non westy

harky

I have been thinking about buying either a 928 gts or a 911 but am finding it difficult to decide.Having driven both cars I do realise that they are entirely different but still find it hard to decide,so I have been trying to find out which is the quicker car using similar ages(1994 approx) but cannot find anywhere to compare the cars specs.

Can anyone help with info or a suitable site to visit.(tried porsche owner)

Think I am leaning towards the 928.............

According to CARTEST

'93 928 GTS v '95 911 Carrera

1/4 mile: 13.82s@103mph v 13.95s@100mph

0-60: 5.18s v 5.28s

0-100: 12.90 c 13.62

Top Speed: 168 v 167

30-50 in 5th: 6.81 v 6.15

50-70 in 5th: 5.80 v 5.59

Lap of Silverstone 928 is 1.3 seconds quicker

Lap of Monaco 928 is 2.4 seconds quicker

Hope that helps :):);)

Having owned four 911's over the years my answer is predictable perhaps, but the 928 is actually a fine road car.

The quicker car thing??? ??? Not sure I understand the question. A standard 996 will run rings around any 928 on most circuits - on the road they are both blindingly fast cars (for a tin top). Residuals are stronger on the 996. Service costs on either can be wallet busting if something lets go :down:

:blush:  :blush:  :blush: OOPS! I stand corrected on the lap time thing. BUT, the GTS was an uprated, manual box, limited edition built as a run out model when they finished the 928. There aren't many around - most are auto's and my case still stands - I think.

PORSCHE 911 TURBO 1996 0.00

PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 1996 +00:02.6

PORSCHE 928 GTS AUTOMATIC 1993 +00:04.2

PORSCHE 928 1990 +00:04.2

PORSCHE 928 1980 +00:14.9

For a lap of new silverstone....

Looks like the original 928 was slower but the newer ones not far off the pace..... I'm no expert of course

Got to be 911 if you can afford it. If not for out right speed then just because it's an Icon.

Still a 944S2 will do me for now. :D  :D  :D

looks like theres not a lot in it but as i said earlier the 928 is the one that does it for me.

power,comfort and a damn good looking car.

thanks for the speed specs...............

........ the 928 is the one that does it for me.......... a damn good looking car.

the best thing is it DOESNT look like a 911 with that stupid barbeque on the back  :t-up:  i mean how the hell do you stop your sausages rolling off on corners ? :p