Silverstone classic

Steve Smith - Joint Hampshire & IOW AO

59 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Not this year.

Sorry, nor me

This is just one of many bucket list events I wish to attend motorsport wise, sadly at the moment personal situations stop me, but by next year ?, well we will see. For those that are going please take some pics and /or vids.

22 minutes ago, OldStager said:

This is just one of many bucket list events I wish to attend motorsport wise, sadly at the moment personal situations stop me, but by next year ?, well we will see. For those that are going please take some pics and /or vids.

It can be an absolutely fantastic event, even more so going with the WSCC and camping in the Westfield “village”! 

• Like 1

Radio Le Mans used to cover the event, but they have not it now for many years, I think I have the 2011/13 broadcast somewhere when a certain Mr S Moss announced his retirement from racing.

Dave I look forward to it but so far it looks like only me and Martin are going from WSCC.

7 minutes ago, Steve Smith - Joint Hampshire & IOW AO said:

Dave I look forward to it but so far it looks like only me and Martin are going from WSCC.

Is it clashing with something else or is this the Covid intervention?

Aye, it was a case of making a judgement call, (personally), what to do and what not to do, this year. Unfortunately as that one had to be an early decision, and significant financial commitment, compared to something like the Gold Cup at Oulton Park, like many others it was a no for this year. (I’ve sacked off all the camping/stopping over events that work best when there’s a large group of you).

• Like 1

Well lets hope we are all in a better position next year then.

The missus has won a ‘family ticket’ for this. We’ve been before a couple of times with another car club and must say, the infield parking in the club sections is great. Won't have that luxury this year, but if the weather is good, suspect we’ll take the Westy. No idea which day the tickets are for until they arrive though.

Not going this year, maybe next year. 

I would definitely recommend camping together, it's a great atmosphere, and the entertainment in the campsite bar can be just as good as the infield bands. 

• Like 1

I'll bring the kitchen/beer table. 

20190726_074549.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1