Hi from Kent

DDay

Hi everyone thought I would introduce myself. I'm Dan and lice just outside Maidstone in Kent. This is my first westfield (well first kit car acutally). Finally picked up a 2.0 Duratec sport 2000 last week after a year of looking while I built my new garage.

Hasn't been the smoothest of starts as I broke down on the way home due to alternator failure and after I fitted a new one the lambda sensor had broke and made the car run really bad. I am still working on getting a new lambda but for now I have just unplugged it.

Looking forward to the warm weather coming next week for my first real drive in it :). Be good to meet up and drive with some of you guys in the up coming months when we can.

The only pics I have atm are unfortunately on the side of the m25 in the rain and sat in the back of the garage so they will have to do for now haha.

20210317_130243~2.jpg

20210319_082018.jpg

• Like 4

:ww: I hope you don't let this slight setback put you off etc.

• Thanks 1

Welcome Dan. Great looking car and it looks like you got your bad luck over quite early in your ownership. Not the nicest of weathers either.

As said, we all have the odd hiccup now and again and hope it does not put you off Westys.

• Thanks 1

Hiya Dan. Similar to yourself, I picked up my first kitcar(Westfield) late last year. Had the same weather as yourself on the drive home. Didn’t breakdown on first trip but did have a problem a few days later. As others have said, don’t let it put you off. Loving my car and the guys here and have no regrets at all. Car looks great, enjoy. Ian.

• Thanks 1

Welcome, lovely looking car despite the damp M25 backdrop!

Hope you get it sorted soon, but it wouldn't be a Westfield if something didn't drop off now and again, its all part of the fun....

Up in the Peak District, there is much merriment when passing on the "magnet of shame" when the inevitable happens.

A photo of me gladly passing it on (I'd lost an ARB drop link a few weeks prior) to Chris on one of the rare runs out last year after he'd lost a headlight... about 2 weeks later it was in Andy's hands when he broke a wing stay.... no doubt I'll have it back at some point 😂

DSC02661.JPG.461dea5ba4a0954b378a5cf596eaa210.jpeg

• Haha 3

Welcome, looks a lovely car and the trials and tribulations become a part of ownership and something you’ll look back on and smile about.

hope you have lots of fun in her

• Thanks 1

Welcome, lovely looking car in what is really the best colour!

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. Dont worry it hasn't put me off, can't get rid of me that easily haha. I'm planing on just getting to know the car putting some miles on her and sorting / improving few things while road driving this year then maybe look into a couple of sprints and hill climbs next year.

• Like 1

Welcome we don't have a dedicated Kent group but we have a duel Essex and North Kent group we tend to meet in Essex but also have started meeting in Kent but the lockdown put a spanner in this at the moment. The intension is for the meets to be alternating between the two County's. There are two of us from Kent who regularly attend the monthly meets we usually meet up at Dartford then pop over/under the river, your of course welcome to join us if you want it's very relaxed and informal we are lucky enough that some other area's some times come along as well.

Cheers

Barry

• Thanks 1

Hi Iam from Deal in Kent. An hour from the dartford bridge really.

be good to meet up with any other local people this summer

• Like 1

Sounds brilliant Barry I would be up for meeting up when it all starts back up. Always good to meet new people and learn new ways and ideas of how to spend money on the car haha. 

Sounds good Ben I'm always up for drive when not busy. Looks like we will slowly be boosting the numbers in Kent :)

• Like 1

If we could get enough interest we could form our own regular meet?

• Like 1

On 31/03/2021 at 19:18, Geezergs said:

Welcome we don't have a dedicated Kent group but we have a duel Essex and North Kent group we tend to meet in Essex but also have started meeting in Kent but the lockdown put a spanner in this at the moment. The intension is for the meets to be alternating between the two County's. There are two of us from Kent who regularly attend the monthly meets we usually meet up at Dartford then pop over/under the river, your of course welcome to join us if you want it's very relaxed and informal we are lucky enough that some other area's some times come along as well.

Cheers

Barry

Good evening Barry,

I’m more than up for this run as only live in Longfield 5 minutes from the bridge on the south side 👍🏻

50871E10-D006-43B3-A5FD-872E74EE53F7.jpeg

D66F738F-0CD1-4CBA-8191-74FF2773A40B.jpeg

• Like 2

Purfect message me your number and name and I'll add you to the WhatsApp group if you want or keep an eye out for Essex and Kent meets