Other Sprinting Series

machin

I promised myself I'd do some sprinting this year (if the car ever comes back out of the garage after "last years" upgrades!;), but the only problem with the WSCC speed series is its based up north (I know this is a common complaint, and that there simply aren't that many venues "down south"....) but does anyone know of any 'local to Southampton' Sprinting series........??????

Cheers,

Machin

Boscombe down (sprint, nr Salisbury)

Wiscombe (hillclimb),

Brighton speed trials (drag strip on the sea front)

Goodwood sprint (circuit)

Gurston Down (hillclimb, nr Salisbury)

Colerne (sprint)

Castle combe (sprint)

Wethersfield (I think is near to you but i've never done it)

That should keep you going for a bit! If you get your competition license you will get all this info in the blue book that comes with it.

Travelling to the ends of the island is not a problem if you enjoy driving & its part of the fun anyway I tend to find.

Windy

As i come from down south i no what your getting at, try this web site some of the old speed series people from the south do this as well, WWW.acsmc.org.uk/ they do alot of the southern rounds, but you can't do any beter for help and advice than doing the speed series.

so get registered quickly and do the southern rounds.

:p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p

but it would be nice if they had updated their calendar pages SINCE 15th November 2003  :sheep:  :durr:  :angry:

Hi Machin,

To answer your question about southern SPRINT series:

I live in Brighton and IN ADDITION TO the WSCC SS, I do the Tunbridge Wells MC "All Circuit Sprint C'ship" because it has several rounds at Goodwood, Lydden, Silverstone(Stowe) ???  which are great circuits and are reasonably local to me.

Check their site at :

www.twmc.org.uk

Regards,

Cheers guys,

lots to think about and decisions to make bout the coming season........

Machin

Machin

Hi there.  To add the list you can include;

Eelmoor (sprint, nr Aldershot)

Abindon (sprint, nr Oxford)

Longcross (sprint, nr Chobham, Surrey)

As well as the ACSMC, try the Farnboro' & District Motor Club or Southsea Motor Club.

Ian