In the market for a Westfield

Joe90

Also, if anybody has any wet weather gear up for sale give me a message 👍 14-16 week lead time from westfield unfortunately! 

Bike engine vs car engine..... mention that on Facebook and I'll have to get my popcorn ready 😂

• Haha 2

Aye, they are very different. Some people like them, some people don't, but that's the joy of kit cars, there's a car for all styles and budgets from ropey old Robin Hoods and Duttons to some hellish Ultimas and the Caterham Levante.

Just PM'd you some info if you're not far away. Got a hood and frame sitting in the garage gathering dust I've never fitted.

Just an update. 

I've decided to go for the redtop seiw.

Thanks for the help all of you and I'll hopefully see you around some time in the near future 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joe90 said:

Just an update. 

I've decided to go for the redtop seiw.

Thanks for the help all of you and I'll hopefully see you around some time in the near future 👍

Great news, make sure you post plenty of pictures..... we like pictures! 😂

• Like 1

All dropped off safely. Been out in it a few times and it's mental!

Definitely happy with the purchase 👍

I'm looking for some history on the car if anybody knows the car? 

Cheers, 

Joe.

IMG-20210323-WA0007.jpg

• Like 6

On 18/03/2021 at 05:51, Joe90 said:

Hi Rob, 

Thanks for the reply 👍 

I've been to see the car and seen a picture of the damage and it seems great condition now - my dad used to own a body shop and he's given it the thumbs up and all wheels are aligned and running true, although I do understand you reservations and appreciate your time replying! 

It doesn't come with wet weather gear, is that easy enough to get hold of? I've had a look online and there's a few different styles. I'd be looking for full cover. If anybody can point me in the right direction that would be great! 

Thank you all for all the help and I'll keep you updated as I add bit to the car going forward 👍

As I said before I've never been on such a quick and helpful forum so it's much appreciated.

Cheers, 

Joe.

BTW I'm based in South Wales if there is anybody local you can recommend to have a look over it properly and the best local shop to dyno it👍

I'm South Wales to. But no car yet. On the hunt 🧐

1 minute ago, Pco said:

I'm South Wales to. But no car yet. On the hunt 🧐

Keep me updated! There's a few people I've spoken to around here now - We could have a day out when everything settles down 👍

Brilliant! Perfect time of year for delivery, enjoy every mile of it. 

Could be a resurrection of the south wales area meets if PCO joins the westfield ownership.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dibby said:

Brilliant! Perfect time of year for delivery, enjoy every mile of it. 

Could be a resurrection of the south wales area meets if PCO joins the westfield ownership.

Matter of time rather than if

• Like 1

I'm also in South Wales! That's a great looking car Joe90. I joined the forum at the end of last year and have been reading build diaries plus the many other informative posts since. I don't own a Westfield yet but I plan on going down the build route. But my first priority is to actually sit in one when restrictions allow! At 6 foot 5 and size 12 feet I want to be sure I fit!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wood1980 said:

I'm also in South Wales! That's a great looking car Joe90. I joined the forum at the end of last year and have been reading build diaries plus the many other informative posts since. I don't own a Westfield yet but I plan on going down the build route. But my first priority is to actually sit in one when restrictions allow! At 6 foot 5 and size 12 feet I want to be sure I fit!

I'm 6ft 5 and 17 (on a good day!) stone and I can shoehorn my pasty, middle aged fat body in just fine without any surgery! 😂

Just make sure it's the wide body with lowered floors and you will be fine 👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wood1980 said:

I don't own a Westfield yet but I plan on going down the build route. But my first priority is to actually sit in one when restrictions allow! At 6 foot 5 and size 12 feet I want to be sure I f

Wise move to sit in one. Not sure what model you’re considering, but find on my Sport 250 I have to wear narrow race boots (on my wide size 8 feet) to ensure I don’t press the throttle when braking. That’s with the throttle pedal moved towards the offside from standard as well. Normal trainers are out of the question for me, fortunately the race boots are very comfortable to wear all day.

Dont let me put you off a 250 though, personally think they’re a great car, just “try before you buy” would be my humble suggestion.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice fellas. If I go secondhand I'll definitely avoid the narrow body.

I didn't realise the 250 has less feet room? Why is that?

At the moment it's between the FW special or 250 if I choose the build route. I like the fact the 250 has a taller windscreen and of course the more powerful engine. But not sure I can justify the additional 8k on the price?

Or maybe I scratch the immediate itch to own, drive and tinker with a secondhand one, then scratch the build itch later on in my Westfield career! 😁

The 250 uses the same chassis as the Mega S2000, (with a couple of additional 250 specific mounting brackets etc.) As the Honda engine and gearbox are huge, absolutely huge, the chassis has to have a wider than normal transmission tunnel in order for it to fit.

The chassis was redesigned for higher power and has suspension and steering geometry tweaks too, so Westfield wanted to use their premium chassis for the Sport 250. But this does mean you have that narrower drivers footwell, too.

The windscreen on the other hand, is just a windscreen. It may be taller, but it will fit any Westfield with current, (ZK or FW) style body work. Though do note, as well as being slightly taller, I believe it is a bit more angled back. To retro fit, you would need to tweak the position of the screen uprights slightly, you also need new sidescreens, wipers, (possibly), and a full hood for the lower screen won't fit. There is no tall screen full hood option for ZK bodywork, but a half hood would fit, if weather gear was needed.