Scrappy Races

Stevo

Did anyone see the scrap heap challenge 'scrappy races' show last night?  For those that didn't: There were five teams assigned with the task of making a 'wacky races' type car from other scrap cars. For exaple one team made a car that was essentially a boat on wheels and another was an enormous truck type thing with a 12cyl Rolls Royce engine.  Anyway my point is that all these cars had to pass SVA as they have to be able to travel on regular roads to get to each race venue.  Does anyone have any inside info on how they passed SVA as, to me, these 'cars' just looked like the usual death traps they create in the normal show.

The truck type thing , did not have to go through SVA , because it was built as an 'Agricultural show Vehicle for exhibition purposes only & built by farmers'. I am not sure how they are getting away with driving it on the road , when it is clearly not being driven to or from an exhibition.

The VW did not go through SVA either because it only had an engine change & no modifications to the chassis.

Have not got a clue how the others got through though .

Agreed - my 13 year old son who was watching this was outraged & called me in from the study to watch it.  He'd been with me on the day of my SVA and helped me during the build.  So even a child can spot somthing odd concerning how these vehicles passed SVA!

Better still become a farmer  :D

Agricultural display Westie anyone?  :p