Anyone else follow the Aussy (V8) supercars?.

Richard (OldStager)

Just managed to catch up with the 2021 first round at Bathurst, although still got Sunday's action to watch yet that's tonight's quest...

Been following this for about the last 10 years or so, to me it's the best of 'tin top' racing I watch ( Le Mans WEC aside)

If anyone else watches it, who is your fav for champion in '21'?.

Richard.

• Like 1

the Giz should win it  but its not as exciting as it used to be no where near as much argee bargee we use to get full coverage free to air but know most rounds its just highlights

chris

Yeah, he should as long as he doesn't keep falling from mountain bikes - looks like he's missing the next event now...Plenty of action from the stuff I see, but not to the extent of the Skaife/ Ingal type incidents.

Well this is embarrassing, as I don't own a TV. I had ( perhaps wrongly) assumed it would be on the myriad of satellite channels these days . I watch it via the internet. 

the Northern Sports and Saloon Car Championship i run in has 2 ex aussie tourers in it

Lowndes Falcon and a Cummins Holden 

Cool, was the Holden at the Goodwood event last year?, they ran one during the sprint laps that they did. I think it was an ex Tander car.

Been watching it for years and fortunate to have  seen it live at the great race in Bathurst and Symmons Plains in Tassie. You think Football supporters are " passionate " about their sport..... well you ain't seen anything till you witness the rivalry between the Ford and Holden camps😳😳😳

7 minutes ago, clansman said:

Been watching it for years and fortunate to have  seen it live at the great race in Bathurst and Symmons Plains in Tassie. You think Football supporters are " passionate " about their sport..... well you ain't seen anything till you witness the rivalry between the Ford and Holden camps😳😳😳

Bathurst is on my bucket list, but doubt it will happen though. Yeah they do seem loyal to their respective brands. Shame Merc pulled out though the other year and now Nissan are no more either, so it's back to Ford V Holden.

23 hours ago, OldStager said:

Cool, was the Holden at the Goodwood event last year?, they ran one during the sprint laps that they did. I think it was an ex Tander car.

no but Andy was there with his Lowndes Falcon about 5 years ago, there's a few videos on YouTube

1 minute ago, cast iron said:

no but Andy was there with his Lowndes Falcon about 5 years ago, there's a few videos on YouTube

Thanks, i'll have a look for those. The old 90's cars do have a series in Aus, I watched a V8 SC event where they were one of the support races, great to see them still being used and not stood in a display etc.

1 minute ago, OldStager said:

Thanks, i'll have a look for those. The old 90's cars do have a series in Aus, I watched a V8 SC event where they were one of the support races, great to see them still being used and not stood in a display etc.

the two Andy's as they are commonly known in the NSSCC, definitely race them , across about 3 championships I think seeing the Falcon make overtaking moves around Cadwell is interesting!

• Like 1

It's one of the main reasons I watch it, lol.

39 minutes ago, cast iron said:

the two Andy's as they are commonly known in the NSSCC, definitely race them

Hasn't one of the Andys got two though Mark?.. making it three ex Aussie tourers racing in NSSCC?

Here's a couple..

DSC_2745.thumb.JPG.f29aa79ae3daa4da81049cd91c72ed13.JPG

DSC_2747.thumb.JPG.b155181856574f2ac6550366c1c8bf1b.JPG

• Like 1