cracked alloy

Thrustyjust

While cleaning my wifes Focus today,I went to check the tyre pressures.On the front wheel there is a hairline crack across one of the edge of the rim to 'legs' going to the centre.It doesn't look like a paint crack and the car has never been kerbed or damaged.I know it's still under warranty and the wife is going to take it in tommorrow to Fords.I personally want a new rim,but I guess as a dealer will try and fob us on wear and tear and impacts etc.The rim is as new as it came off the production line and when my mate serviced it a month ago,never saw it when checking the tyres.Anyone else had a similar problem and any info would be helpful to back a replacement alloy.The car is only 2 years old and has done 20k.Cheers

If a wheel has been kerbed or hit something then you'd expect to see other signs of damage on the wheel, probably around the rim.

If they try and argue it's due from an impact then you may wish to politely point out the complete absence of any other damage (assuming there isn't any).

Seems rather too easy to me.

Was there a faint smell of bovine excriment in the air when you collected the car?

It would'nt be the first time a car manafacturer replaced a component that was known to be defective under the guise of good customer service (especially after 2 years and 20k miles)

Chaz.

Wife sat there and watched it all unfold.She said they took the wheel off and watched them swap the rim.She was expecting an argument or two,but was surprised.Although the 'new' alloy is now covered in cack like the rest.