New member south somerset

Skysurfer

Went shopping this morning, surprisingly practical 🤣

07855213-5F4A-4E19-BF28-F23357063D4C.jpeg

• Like 3

LOL, thats all my is used for these days, yes you can get a lot of stuff in the footwell and seat, plus boot if its a big shop, lol...

Is that a x-flow engined car by any chance?

Looks great - happy motoring!

Mart.

Welcome from South Petherton. Frost has now cleared from my lawn so off for some essential shopping this afternoon in mine before the rains return. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mighty Mart said:

Is that a x-flow engined car by any chance?

Looks great - happy motoring!

Mart.

Hi Mart,

No it’s a cvh, I understand they may not be the most popular engine choice? but i am quite impressed with it so far. My previous west was a 1800 zetec but this seems more drive able low down? not got the top end though. 

I regularly cross the border into Somerset (or will again once the restrictions are lifted). Maybe for those of us in the area we could have a local mini-meet near Yeovil, at somewhere such as the Rose and Crown in Trent.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ewan said:

I regularly cross the border into Somerset (or will again once the restrictions are lifted). Maybe for those of us in the area we could have a local mini-meet near Yeovil, at somewhere such as the Rose and Crown in Trent.

Sounds good 👍 

Hi Andy from up here in Bristol and Bath, look forward to meeting up at some point - we head down to Haynes too.

That's a lovely clean looking car. Castle Coombe is not far away from us and we have a few heading there on 10th and 12th April so if you fancy stretching the legs and blowing the cobwebs out the the engine.

Chris

4 hours ago, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

Hi Andy from up here in Bristol and Bath, look forward to meeting up at some point - we head down to Haynes too.

That's a lovely clean looking car. Castle Coombe is not far away from us and we have a few heading there on 10th and 12th April so if you fancy stretching the legs and blowing the cobwebs out the the engine.

Chris

Hi Chris, 

Have had a look and the 10th is fully booked now and can’t see anything for the 12th. May have come come up just to watch but see that it’s not allowed currently.

Nothing wrong with a CVH mate - a lot more modern than a x-flow and I always liked it in my old mk2 xr2, although I am very partial to my x-flow engined narrow and the old school roots....

Mart.

• Like 1

My comment was mainly based on my mate who hates them 😀 but like I say I am quite pleased with it so far, it’s got good low down pull which I like in an engine. I haven’t had much to do with older fords but have had a lifelong affliction with minis so get the old school appreciation 👍

• Like 1