New Rain Cover. (Half Hood)

Ian Littlewood

29 minutes ago, JamesGN said:

I have one on order but have had the zips added so I can get in and out easier. Might look into having a single rail down the middle

Fitted mine last week. The zips are useful, worth the extra cash. Have driven mine but only a short distance at low speed. Didn’t flap much. I have also thought of trying a single bar support. 

5CE72A9D-8AB2-493A-8F48-A9CCB7799246.jpeg

Geoffrey and I , used an earthing rod, shaped at either end to suit the screen top and roll bar, these came threaded at both ends and a joiner available to match

the sbfs half hood has a tube in the centre and this was just the right size, so the rod can simply be slipped out and unscrewed into 2 parts and stored in the boot with the rolled up half hood.

Obviously the rod needs cutting in the middle, screwed together then cut to length to suit the individual car.

it made a big difference to the flapping / billowing

can get pictures later if needed

18 minutes ago, ianali said:

Fitted mine last week. The zips are useful, worth the extra cash. Have driven mine but only a short distance at low speed. Didn’t flap much. I have also thought of trying a single bar support. 

5CE72A9D-8AB2-493A-8F48-A9CCB7799246.jpeg

Looks good, easy enough to fit? 

11 minutes ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Geoffrey and I , used an earthing rod, shaped at either end to suit the screen top and roll bar, these came threaded at both ends and a joiner available to match

the sbfs half hood has a tube in the centre and this was just the right size, so the rod can simply be slipped out and unscrewed into 2 parts and stored in the boot with the rolled up half hood.

Obviously the rod needs cutting in the middle, screwed together then cut to length to suit the individual car.

it made a big difference to the flapping / billowing

can get pictures later if needed

Pics would be great please.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamesGN said:

Looks good, easy enough to fit? 

Yes, even I managed it! That pic is prior to pulling the straps tight which took the looseness out. I did have to remove the seats to rivet the straps down. Easy job all in all.

• Like 1