Have you ever been stuck in your Westfield

oldman

Just been listening to Jonathon Ross on the radio.

He was talking to a fireman on the phone and asking him if he'd ever been called out to heads stuck in railings or things stuck in body parts etc.The fireman replied that he had to get a fat woman out of a bath once.It took 5 of em to get her out.Ross said "did you tie a hose to her legs and haul her out"and "was she gratefull,when you got her out"...."how gratefull?" I,ve missed a few bits out but thought it was a cla

ssic :D  :D

Anyhow anybody ever been stuck in their Wessie ,or felt a complete pratt after pulling up to an admiring crowd only to find themselves on the deck trying to get out? :D  :blush:

no but I did once spin it 180 degrees on a roundabout then stalled in front of the oncoming traffic trying to get back around the right way ...... :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

span mine on christmas eve and put it through a hedge/fence and down a ditch backwards..  only just visible from the road. people would see me standing proudly by.. look closer and chuckle (b******ds)

2 off duty coppers pased by and stopped for the gong show while i waited for my mates dad to turn up with his landy to pull me out.

needless to say.. no-one got christmas presents that year!

I did once offer advice to a track day novice of "drive as fast as you feel comfortable"

A lap later I span in front of him...

Later the same day I took the same guy out in my car.... and span at the same corner

:durr:  :durr:

Good friend of mine got stuck in his TVR once...

In the middle of Tesco's car park...

Whilst leaving...

In the middle of the road...

Electrics gone...

Doors are electrically operated so couldn't open them...

Or the windows to ask for help...

It was raining...

Had to drop the hood at the back to get out...

Which dropped the hard top on his head...

And his girlfriends (holding the shopping...)

Girlfriend not speaking...

Had to get a passer-by to push him...

Eventually turned out girlfriend had turned FIA key and cut the electrics!!!!

I don't think it helped when he told her... or when he failed to persuade her to steer!!!

Imagine the conversation on the way home... I imagine the roar of the silence was even loader than the engine!!!

...©

It seems I may be the only one that has actually got stuck in the Westy.

To explain.

I'd just got the chassis back from the powder coaters and it was sitting up proudly on the chassis stands, I'd also had a lot to drink (It was a Tesco special offer on Stella Night, the 12 cans for a tenner jobbie)

Anyway, I'd done about 8 cans when it occoured to me that I might want sit in the bare chassis (up on the chassis stands) and make "brum brum" noises whilst doing an alcohol infused quick lap of the Silverstone GP circuit in Stella Land Virtual Reality.

Just in case the lap took longer than intended I armed myself with the remaining 4 cans of Stella, scrambled into the "Westy" and day dreamed a little.

As reality began to set in with the onset of a full bladder and the resentfull realisation that the Stella was all gone I attempted to extricate myself from the chassis and discoverd that the chassis stands were a little more wobbley than they had seemed earlier and although my brain seemed totally in control my body had had effectivly told it to f**k off and was staying put.

I woke up at 5:45 AM in my freezing cold garage tangled up in a Westfield chassis bursting for a pee with no idea of what had happened and more importantly absolutly no idea where all my cloths had gone   :blush:

I suspect the smug kind of inocent smirk that only a wife can manage has a bearing on the truth of the situation, however I'm not about to ask and she's not telling  ;)

Chaz.

I believe Chris Rhea got stuck upside down in his V8 Westie trying to replace his pedal rubbers and had to be hauled ouy by the fire brigade,It was published in anerspaper a couple of years ago,I wonder if he still has the car!

Going back about 10 years, on a company jolly, driving around bruntingsthorpe, the girl who organised the event wanted to have a go in the single seaters, only problem was, she was 5 foot nothing and weighed about 18 stone.

Wedged herself in the car ok!, took 5 guys and 30 mins to get her out :0  :0  :0

Steve