Fuel pipes

deano.1

Anyone remember the position that fuel pipes run under car, running a 2.0 litre Zetec with throttle bodies.

Says in the manual to run it along side the brake pipe but car in manual is 1.8 Zetec on carbs.

Cheers lads (in anticipation)       :durr:

Hi Deano

Most people prefer to run there fuel pipes down the transmision tunnel. But after much deliberation & talking to westfield i decided to go under the car using the proper factory supplied pipe which is i think essential. (I will not be racing the car) When clipped it stands 3/8" down from the ally panel i am considering rivetting on a length of 3/8" sqr ally down each side as a skid if it proves to be a problem. The position of my fuel lines is outboard of the brake line which most people also like to run in the tunnel. I expect that you will now get lots of people telling you to run them down the tunnel!

By the way have you got a screen kit yet? I have a black kit that i would probably sell as i think im going the aero screen route.

David

I would advise you run them alongside the brake pipe in the transmission tunnel. If run on the underside of the car they will be extremely vulnerable to damage from traffic calming humps, car park entry ramps etc. I have a completely enclosed transmission tunnel on my Westfield (the floor is one piece of aluminium) which makes securing pipes and wiring much easier.

Richard.

Just to let you all know i have now run the fuel and brake pipes. I decided that although i agree that pipes, wiring etc would be safer run in the tunnel it may cause issues with the sva so i ran them as David said to the outside of the brake pipe and round the top of the master cyl. (I may change them after sva)

Cheers lads :D