Webmaster wanted - Found!

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

Chris King, the WSCC Webmaster, is standing down. Chris has served the club well over the years but increasing work commitments now have priority.

So we need a new Webmaster. If you have the skills and knowledge why not have a word with Chris and he can explain exactly what is involved. He will also play a support role until the new incumbent has settled in.

Chris’ retirement is imminent, so if you are interested then please don’t delay.

email Chris at webmaster@wscc.co.uk or send him a pm.

I’m afraid I’m not up to the job , but would like to thank Chris for his sterling work on behalf of the club and wish his successor all the best

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

I’m afraid I’m not up to the job , but would like to thank Chris for his sterling work on behalf of the club and wish his successor all the best

Same here Chris has done a fantastic job! I know enough to appreciate what he's done but not enough to do it anywhere near good enough, to match what's required!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Same here Chris has done a fantastic job! I know enough to appreciate what he's done but not enough to do it anywhere near good enough, to match what's required!

Surely you are Ian????

1 hour ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Same sentiments. Thanks to Chris and good luck. 

Thanks Chris, one of those utterly vital but rarely appreciated tasks.

Chris,

Thank you and well done!!

look forward to having a beer with you when we next meet.

cheers

John

Well done Chris on a great job. 👍

I wish I had the time and knowledge to take on this role, but computing and IT scare the bejesus out of me. 

Well done Chris and thanks for keeping the club online with such style! I also wish your successor all the very best. 

I cover some of the less major IT at work but not sure i am up to the task of keeping the site running.

Possibly Chris could enlighten me on the happenings to see if i could manage

Kind regards Craig

• Thanks 1

A huge than you for all your kind offers, the club really does have amazing members!

No public announcement just yet, till a few more details are sorted, but I'm pleased to say we do have a replacement now, more to follow, soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Craigib76 said:

Phewww! (wipes sweat from brow)

And...

10 minutes ago, Craigib76 said:

I cover some of the less major IT at work but not sure i am up to the task of keeping the site running.

Possibly Chris could enlighten me on the happenings to see if i could manage

Kind regards Craig

Mean's there are no backsie's now! ;) We have long memories. :suspect: :d

Seriously though Craig, and everyone else, your kind offers are much appreciated. This is one of only a few club roles, where we do rely on those with some good technical knowledge and experience in the relevant field, as well as enthusiasm and Club spirit.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

This is one of only a few club roles, where we do rely on those with some good technical knowledge and experience in the relevant field, as well as enthusiasm and Club spirit.

Jeez and they let me do it! 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster said:

Jeez and they let me do it! 🤣

How do you think we worked out how to do it right this time! :p :p :p :laugh: :devil: :getmecoat: 

• Haha 1