• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

It's all about the timing! (Somerset and Devon)

Sean Walsh

Hi all you Somerset and Devon devotees!

Hope that you all had a great Christmas and New Year and the ole sleigh was laden with parts, tools and other goodies!

I was hoping prior to the break that there was a prospect of us being able to get together for a first drive out and the opportunity to meet. Clearly, that won't be possible for a little while with the new lockdown. So, apologies for a bit of a false start - but I guess I have a decent excuse!

I will plan to organise something as soon as the restrictions are lifted to a level where we can do so safely.

In the meantime, I guess we have time to muck about with the cars, do those jobs that we have been meaning to do and make any tweaks etc.

In between extracting one son's car from a hedge, and getting the others car sorted for MOT, (Covid pales into insignificance when compared the the Bio hazard of the what you find inside your student son's Corsa!), I've just fitted some wind deflectors.

Thought that it was worth giving them a go! I've not had the chance to test them out as in the midst of changing the steering wheel which needs the boss to be machined / modified a bit - so that's the next job!

I see that some areas have organised virtual meets - not sure what you think about this but happy to give it a go if there is some interest?

Hope that you all stay safe and well and I do really look forward to being able to meet up for a drive and a beer a bit later in the year!

W

• Like 3