SVA and Registering

Glen_I

Hi everyone,

The time is getting near (i think???) to having the old girl completed, need to speak to DVLA, but its hard to get left alone at work to use phone, what will i have to produce at the SVA?? and for the DVLA??

I have to send engine no. off to Vauxhall to get year of build.

But what is the best route to approach this whole situation from now on??

Is it all pretty straight forward now.........

Glen.

Its pretty straight forward as long as youve built according to the manual, just double check everything, make sure all the pipework and wires are secured, zip tie everything down, check all brake pipes are clear from being caught on anything, all sharp edges are covered and all radiuses are correct, Take youre details along for purchase of bits just in case but all they really need is the proof of engine age for emissions. Registration is where you have to produce the detailed docs so they can prove age, depending on whether you want an age related plate or not.. I went for a Q plate, didnt have to take the car for inspection, sent test cert, chassis details from westfield, engine details and insurance, its all on the back of the forms you get from DVLA anyway...

Good luck... Not sure where you are but Im sure someone in your area can cast a fresh pair of eyes over the car to look for the obvious.. or the not so obvious...

Tony, I am in Andover and work in Newbury, the actual SVA test doesnt worry me to much, i wont be going to Southampton!!!  

its just paper work side of things that get me, i have had alot of hassle with engine no. in the past, and had to buy another engine just for identity, but as long as i have written proof from Vauxhall on age then this wiil be ok??

Glen.

Glen, if you want I can come over before hand and have a look over, Im no expert but have a good eye for detail (although you wouldnt think that if you look at my fail report ;) ) I went into this totally blind, bough my car from a guy who told me it was just about ready and it wasnt, had to redo the dash, cooling system, exhaust system and a few other wiring bits, filled out the paperwork for SVA showing chassis number etc from the documentation Id been given, turned up for test, low and behold the chassis number didnt match, the paperwork Id been given was wrong, my own fault for not checking really... Guy kindly adjusted it but I then had a hell of a hassle trying to get westfield to locate some docs, in the end I had to trailer the car back to the factory so they could knock me up a letter of authenticity. Same thing on the Engine front as you, No documentation so I had to call Yamaha who usually charge £70 for providing the service but kindly did it for free, very helpful peeps there. Guy at Reading DVLA was very helpful too.

On the written proof, it all depends on what you want to register the car as age is ok for emissions but if you want to reg on a new plate I believe you have to have proof that all the parts are new except I believe 1 which must have a certificate stating that it has been returned to as new condition, it does state this in the documentation you get from DVLA..

This might have some useful info in it ;)

SWxg/SVA%20man%20password%20bje693.pdf" target="_blank">http://f5.grp.yahoofs.com/v1....693.pdf

Password is in the URL ;)

There are a few guides around for SVA..

Application for MAC

http://www.via.gov.uk/about_u....va1.pdf

Registering

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regrebil.htm

Tony.

Thanks for the offer, when i am that little bit nearer to completion i will take you up on that :)

Also it would be nice to go out in a BEC, hint, hint, :D  :D

I have sent e-mails to DVLA, just have to wait for them to send all infomation through..

Thanks again,

Glen.