Why did I buy a 4x4?

Fat Albert

What was the farkin point?

The only time in 10 years of 4x4 ownership that the traction control, abs, torsen diffs and locking hubs are actually needed I can't farkin use them because every farkin road is blocked by numpties whose idea of ice driving is to burn the snow away with 5000 revs

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgh!  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Only stop for lollipop ladies(thats if they're pretty) : :D

Pretty lolipop ladies, now that's a rare site  :D

What was the farkin point?

The only time in 10 years of 4x4 ownership that the traction control, abs, torsen diffs and locking hubs are actually needed I can't farkin use them because every farkin road is blocked by numpties whose idea of ice driving is to burn the snow away with 5000 revs

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgh!  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Too right   :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

But did manage to find some nice deep drifts to blast through, traction control screaming away. Scott knows how much I like "traction", but I'll let him tell that one  :D  :D

well my 16seat v8 diesel wagon here is rwd and a bunch of giggles 15cms of fresh last night and a world of fun this morning!

was almost as much fun as getting face shots in the knee deep powder today on the mountain! - fat skis baby yeah!

4x4 drivers (suv) here are a menace.. its only ever the suv's you see in the ditch off the highway.. thinking they are fine to drive like normal.. muppets

And what about the 4x4 drivers who have not got a clue as to what to do to use their 4x4 correctly. Several times on the way home (50 miles in 4 hrs) everyone being held up by prats in 4x4's doing no more than 5 mph with a clear road in front of them.

Had an interesting conversation with SWMBO this morning while driving her to work up the 1/2 mile hill to her school. It went something like this

Sorry I had to drag you out this morning but the roads were so slippery last night that every time I put the brakes on the car skidded

How did you know it was skidding?

There was a horrible noise and vibration and the steering felt funny

'Like this' I said as I hit the brakes hard enough to actuate the ABS

Yes, so I took my foot off the brake and drove slower

:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Wifes colleague at work (male) abandoned his car when he met a bit of traffic sliding about early yesterday afternoon.

He rang his mum when he had completed a 1 1/2 hour walk in the snow and when she met him she drove him back to pick up his car as the roads werent that bad.

Larff...............I nearly pi**ed meself  :D  :D

A few years ago I was at a car body shop when a man came in complaining that 4 wheel drive was an f*****g was of time and money as when he put his foot on the brake it just slid into the lap post!

I take great pride in overtaking them in the snow in my van ordinaire,childish but you have to do these things :devil:  :D

My VW LT35 (Sprinter lookalike) is hopeless in the snow.. i'ts not slippy slidy sideways stuff.. it is actually quite driveable around bends.. it's the traction from standstill that is poor.. god help you if the traffic lights at the top of the modest incline are on red.. It's not just this one either, we have had three and they are all as bad.

The best snow van we have is our little old C15 rust bucket.. it's brilliant!

All the pillocks drove in the inside lane of the local dual carriageway. They'd worn a pair of tracks through the snow but were still driving at 5mph, so I overtook them dangerously fast in the outside lane which was covered in fresh snow.

I don't care. I love the anarchy of it, and I managed 26 miles of it in a little over 15 minutes. Political correctness can go take a running jump.

The beauty of Subaru. :devil: