SC-Power - WARNING

Andy_R

Mods ... I really don't know where this should go so please move to the most appropriate folder.

A few weeks ago I ordered 2 x V8 Engine Mounts from SC-Power. Luckily I used PayPal because after ordering I received no correspondence from the company (no confirmation, receipts, delivery info, etc.). The engine mounts didn't appeared in the post and despite contacting them via both email addresses and their telephone number I had no response.

I contacted them via PayPal but again no response so logged a complaint. PayPal took on the case and again got no response. So today a full refund has now been provided by PayPal ... as the case was closed in my favour. 

Unfortunately I can only conclude that they've gone bust and I'm just letting everyone know in case they are thinking of ordering from them in the future.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TableLeg said:

Sorry to hear that, maybe try Racetech Direct. I've bought from them before.

http://www.racetechdirect.co.uk/car-parts/engine/bearings-and-mounts/

Thank you for that ... I've ordered from them before as well so will give them a go.

• Like 1

According to companies house, the business with that name was dissolved voluntarily in January 2019. Possible they reformed in another version, I guess. But otherwise, looks like an old site, that still has some live cart links in to PayPal

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

According to companies house, the business with that name was dissolved voluntarily in January 2019. Possible they reformed in another version, I guess. But otherwise, looks like an old site, that still has some live cart links in to PayPal

Thanks for that @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary ... such a pity they couldn't remove the site or links. Maybe I should have done more due diligence but I went just on a recommendation from a member and didn't think anything of it. 

8 minutes ago, Andy_R said:

Thanks for that @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary ... such a pity they couldn't remove the site or links. Maybe I should have done more due diligence but I went just on a recommendation from a member and didn't think anything of it. 

At least you'd got the protection of Paypal etc.