Croft trackday today

Andrew

This one was slightly under the radar as @Chris King - Webmaster got in a few milliseconds earlier with his Javelin Croft thread so I decided to keep shtum and let people pile into that one.

It was with a new outfit run by a couple of Croft instructors, https://driveatrack.co.uk/

Cheap day for Croft at £160, but presumably they'll up the prices if or when they get established. Free photography too, but not seen the pics yet.

So, the weather was dry all day, but cold in the morning, and a bit more comfortable in the afternoon. Had slicks fitted all day, but they took several laps to get any temperature into them.

There seemed to be a good number of red flags, mainly in the morning .. not sure why. Two caused by the same Honda Civic. He proclaimed his arrival at the circuit with a loud revving of the engine, bouncing off the limiter.. I think its a Honda thing. First time out on the circuit he went into the gravel at the first corner. 🙂 Later on he left the track at the complex and went a long way over the grass before a barrier stopped him.. 

JeffC accompanied me in his K20erham, so I wasn't going to get much play with him, and to be honest, I struggled to find much on my pace to have a bit of a chase. I stuck to a McLaren for a few brief corners which was fun, then he left me for dead. I'll have a mooch through the video footage and find something to put on the tube no doubt..

P1170594.thumb.JPG.17669f1bd01dc33d378b183fb25130b1.JPG

• Like 2

Glad you had a dry day Andrew - hoping ours will not be locked down if the Govt go for a half term “circuit break”...

8 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster said:

Glad you had a dry day Andrew - hoping ours will not be locked down if the Govt go for a half term “circuit break”...

Ah. I've not caught up with the latest covid stuff.. 😞  

I've a feeling that may be my last day for this year. Cant complain too much. I've managed to squeeze eight days in so far.

If we get out next week it will be no 7 for me this year - fingers are firmly crossed!

• Like 2

Sorry I couldn't be there to give you someone to chase (or be chased). Sounds like it would have been a good day too.

I expected Stoney would have snook in. What were No's like?

I have probably done my last day this year I managed to get 4 in. 2 Cadders an Oulton and a Knockers.

I wonder what next year will bring?

13 minutes ago, Michael Whitworth said:

I expected Stoney would have snook in. What were No's like?

I tried and failed. There were only about 50 cars booked on. No queuing other than a bit in the morning after red flags. Late afternoon was very quiet.. I needed you there Mike, to act as a target to aim for. 🙂

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

. I needed you there Mike, to act as a target to aim for. 🙂

And I let you down. Will you ever forgive me?

• Haha 1

Just won a pair of harnesses for the munter so roll on Croft (and a quick postman) next week.

• Like 1