Winter Pack

Ewan

Not sure how many on here use their Westy’s over the winter, but I’ve just fitted the Winter Pack to mine, just in case.

When new, back in ‘93, it came with full wet-weather gear, including a hood and doors. None of which have ever been fitted. Until today. So I finally unpacked them and have fitted what I need to need to me through the dark months. I must be getting soft in my old age.

A30A39D6-D3DF-4E46-83CF-0DE9628B2723.jpeg

• Like 5

Cars looking good, and nothing wrong with using the weather gear. There are some cracking autumnal and winter days to be enjoyed and the weather gear makes the wind chill more bearable.

we use a sbfs half hood with easy entry zips instead of the full roof.

As said, can be some nice sunny days over autumn and winter, often with less traffic about. Enjoy.

Yes there are enough cracking blue sky cold days to make winter driving worthwhile.

A couple of years ago I invested in a Keis heated vest and gloves which keeps everything toasty warm....

56 minutes ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Cars looking good, and nothing wrong with using the weather gear. There are some cracking autumnal and winter days to be enjoyed and the weather gear makes the wind chill more bearable.

we use a sbfs half hood with easy entry zips instead of the full roof.

I'm still not bothering with the roof. To tricky for me to get in/out. Down here in the South I'm assuming fitting just doors will be sufficient to see me through the winter. Plus a Westfield beanie hat.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ewan said:

I'm still not bothering with the roof. To tricky for me to get in/out. Down here in the South I'm assuming fitting just doors will be sufficient to see me through the winter. Plus a Westfield beanie hat.

Yes that why a lot of folk have gone with the half hood with zips , so it’s easier to actually get in and out especially over a hot exhaust lol, enjoy 👍

I’ve a soft bit for sevens half hood. It works brilliantly in the winter.

“Grandad” zips in the SBFS half hood are useful for iffy days as well as getting in and out.

A6A51E08-4B74-4918-A390-8501D5CF9138.thumb.jpeg.6d80360da4fc15c4f83c3dcac3ed1e1f.jpeg

A2CB3B5E-BCC4-4F29-8AC2-9771AA855A8D.thumb.jpeg.31455c9764e25e43556ec64464331185.jpeg

• Like 1

That’s a good idea - I think I’ll order one of those.

As a trial I briefly fitted my proper roof. But getting in and out was not pretty. A broken back from my rugby career means flexibility isn’t my strong point! A half hood with a drivers side zip could be a great compromise.

21 hours ago, FRENCHWSE said:

a good idea for my Narrow SE also. home made, modified or bought ?

Bought from: https://www.softbitsshop.co.uk/westfield-50-c.asp

All refer to wide body by the look of it. They are very helpful, be worth contacting them.

On 20/10/2020 at 17:44, Ewan said:

But getting in and out was not pretty.

We use our full hood a lot, so we've got pretty slick at getting in and out, which is handy when it's bucketing down and it's a sprint to get in. It's a bit noisier with it on, but with the heater on full, we're toasty. A bit of moisture finds it's way in (past the doors etc), but far less than a half-hood does, and your swept wings will mitigate a lot of road spray.

IMG_20180901_120229.jpg

• Thanks 1