West coast 300 (ish)

Steve (sdh2903)

What a great route.....

• Thanks 1

Great to see your car out in the wild 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Adge Cutler- Dorset AO said:

Stunning route, trust your new toy performed well.

Impeccably well thanks adge. Only slight issue is with the fuel tank calibration. Its accurate at full and at empty, but in between its obviously not as linear as I thought. I had done 120 miles and was at 30% so chickened out and refilled but only got 17 litres in (tank is around 35) so at least I now know 30% is roughly half. I'll do a proper calibration over the winter some time. Does mean it did over 30mpg which I was surprised with. 

5 hours ago, Rory's Dad said:

... and I bet the sound was wonderful too!! 

Which I'm sure your enjoying in the rocketeer as well Martin! 

• Like 2

Fantastic route Steve and a brave 300 mile test run when temperatures are dropping sharply; but I guess you are hardier than me.

I take it that the 'prettiest road to nowhere' is the Glen Etive, Skyfall road.

Yes it is Glen Etive Don well spotted. To be honest it was a mild day. Gloves and hat on for the first couple of hours but after that just a light jacket. The heater and heated seats were actually getting me a little too warm at times! 

• Thanks 1

What luxury....heated seats in a kitcar.

With covid and my asthma I've not even had my gas central heating renewed yet, so like last Jan and Feb my heating will be electric.

Hope I don't get chilblains like when I was a kid.