Le Mans 2004

steppenwolf

I am thinking of going to Le Mans this year with my two sons, probably taking three cars ( 2 Westfields and 1 Fiesta XR2 - don't ask! ) - have I left it far too late?

Portsmouth is only 40 minutes from where I live. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Are you looking for an organised trip, or just ferry, and worry about camping/tickets when you get there?

You're going to be pushed for a booking at this late stage and some ringing round will be called for tomorrow.

I used Page & Moy on 0870 0106393

I'm sure others will be along with alternative contacts shortly

Good Luck and hopefully see you there

Nige

:D

May have 1 spare ferry ticket leaving on the tuesday, coming back following tuesday am.......

If your interested, will see if it's still available

Steve

You're going to be pushed for a booking at this late stage

Not sure I entirely agree with this. I know of several parties that got booked on ferries less than 4 weeks from the off last year. Leave it that long though, and you'll never get a camping spot within 10 clicks of the circuit. You're already too late for a nearby hotel........

I have found Club Arnage to be an excellent starting point for Le Mans info....

You're going to be pushed for a booking at this late stage and some ringing round will be called for tomorrow.

Nah you ain't  ;)  :D  :D

Stepps - if you want a fully organised all handed to you on a plate tour thing then you might struggle  ;)

But use some initiative, book your own ferry crossing, be flexible on dates and times and travel in a small group

You can pre-book track and car park tickets direct or get them over there.

There are plenty of campsites about 20 to 30 minutes radius of Le Mans - I've turned up on spec and headed down to Le Lude - bit more drive into Le mans, but site is good and situated right next to a chateau and village with bars  :D  :D

Loads of campsites - a few phone calls and a net surf and you'll be sorted  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D and possibly cheaper than having an agent sort it for ya  ;)  :D

Club Arnarge is a good place to start as they also have a forum where people sell off their excess tickets. You could always have a word with the ACO direct to see if they've got anything.

Failing that just do what I did last year.... I turned up at 08.00 on the morning of the race, parked opposite the entrance in the main car park and bought my tickets on the door. I slept in the car, though some people had put up tents next to their cars.

HTH

M

PS... I intend going this year with my 4yr old & the Westie. I haven't got anything planned yet and I'll probably turn up on spec if enyone else is interested?

I haven't got anything planned yet and I'll probably turn up on spec if enyone else is interested?

It's all part of the thrill of Le Mans  ;)  :D  :D

BTW.... For those with families, I don't know if you realise that there is a Centre Parcs 70 miles away..... on some lovely, fast roads. ;)

I've dumped the wife & kids there a couple of times before while going off to watch the race.

M