• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Looking to get building again

Peter (Monty)

Hello everyone! I've been MIA for quite a while, other things have got in the way but the Westfield has finally moved back up the list and I'm keen to get going and finally finish it.

I hope you're all keeping well, especially after the year we've had so far. I've got some catching up to do, is there anything new with Westfield or WSCC that I should know about?

• Like 2

Great to see your back and itching to get going again.

yep it’s been some year with most things getting cancelled, folk now trying to salvage some quality westy time.

look forward to seeing your updates 👍

• Like 1

Welcome back Peter. Good to hear you’re now in a position to get your build going again, look forward to updates.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Well that didn't work out as planned! Long story short, while lockdowns should have presented a perfect opportunity to work on the car, it was in my parents' garage, but I couldn't visit for a long time due to shielding reasons. I can't believe I wrote this post almost 3 years ago!

I have been reading up for a couple of days now on what everyone has been building while I've been away, as well as refreshing my memory of where I had got to with mine. I've started putting together lists and a plan to get it finished - including some changes to get around the problems where I was getting stuck.

I'll try and get over to a local meetup at some point, I'm sure that would also be excellent motivation!

• Like 3

Welcome back “take 2” Peter. Hope you have an uninterrupted run to IVA now.

• Like 1

I started my build in 2016....it sat unloved for a couple of years, but I did take full advantage of lock down and manged to get it finished in 2022...Good luck with yours.

• Like 2