Wscc musical chain...

GaryD1971

Discovered this band back in the day when I found out they provided the bass line music for the RAC rally coverage. It's not this track but

This is the track that the BBC used, there is also one called Jewel which is a remix version, but if you ever watched the RAC rally you will recognise the bass line from this

Remix version

Derek Forbes was a past member of Propaganda and Simple Minds

20 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

Derek Forbes was a past member of Propaganda and Simple Minds

Yet another one that had I not known who it was , would never have guessed. Kind of reminds me loosely on some of Human Leagues very early stuff( pre-girls joining)

Lead singer Jim Kerr ( Simple Minds) was once married to Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders

Getting to learn the rules to this game...Slowly😁

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OldStager said:

Yet another one that had I not known who it was , would never have guessed. Kind of reminds me loosely on some of Human Leagues very early stuff( pre-girls joining)

IMO Real to Real Cacophony is their finest 41mins of music.

14 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

Oh dear, I appear to be hopelessly outclassed here, another group I have never heard of - again. Although I am a sucker for a violin in any music piece. I need to put away my 80's collections and branch out a bit...😀

• Like 1

Not outclassed @OldStager, there's been plenty I've never heard of.

Everyone has a different musical history.

1 minute ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

Not outclassed @OldStager, there's been plenty I've never heard of.

Everyone has a different musical history.

Yeah I guess so, but I do tend to stick with what I know rather than listen to other stuff, this thread is good because it shows me what is out there. Having said that I was watching YT till 3am as found lots of new things, lol.

1 hour ago, OldStager said:

Yeah I guess so, but I do tend to stick with what I know rather than listen to other stuff, this thread is good because it shows me what is out there. Having said that I was watching YT till 3am as found lots of new things, lol.

I have discovered so much more music than I ever thought I would! Broadened my music horizons no end! 😁

• Like 1

TINDERsticks = 

After prior posting of Monochrome Set listened to their albums, and spotted this apt link.

Sorry cheat mode enabled again, I think where I went wrong with my musical knowledge was too many hours in the garage with Radio 1 on mucking about with motorbikes ( this was the 80's at the time) after years of that, the 'pop' stuff for me was main stream. Anyway that is changing 😄

As I said cheat mode on, so

• Like 1