Fog Light

the bear

Hi Stew 72

I don't think it is a matter of your car without heater and roof will never go out in the fog and cold.  The point is it could potentially go out in the fog and cold!

You have been lucky.

It's probably down to the attitude of the mot tester. I've not had it mot'd yet, it's due in march. The previous owner used a local garage for all work on his cars, so they knew him and the car pretty well.

I've a 90 registered car on a Q, never has had a fog light, passed every mot so far.

Q reg cars get treated as being "first registered" in 1976, no matter what year it was actually registered, so no fog light required, , no hazards required, and no emmissions tests, save for the examiner peering at the exhaust pipe looking for smoke......

I've a 90 registered car on a Q, never has had a fog light, passed every mot so far.

Q reg cars get treated as being "first registered" in 1976, no matter what year it was actually registered, so no fog light required, , no hazards required, and no emmissions tests, save for the examiner peering at the exhaust pipe looking for smoke......

Just when I thought that I would make this point about Q reg cars,guess who beat me to it? :cool:  :D  :D

Can he do mine? :t-up:

Due in May. I think it is coming of and the switch out and the wiring made safe and neatly tucked away.

If i lose the arguement it will be a 10 minute refit and a re test. Thanks for the input

:t-up:

Every year my old pre-lits fog light never worked until i used to tap it.Never found out if it was a dodgy connection.Weird,always worked pre mot at home.....