S2000 Decat Group Buy

Brewster

12 hours ago, LukeW said:

Hold your horses people.

I popped down the to fabricators today (they are open Saturdays) and seems I got talking to the organ Grinder and not the Monkey from last time.

He told me to do it off the car using @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO as a template will be £450, as he will have to make a jig from Ian's and then the Decatted pipe!

That's crazy! Russ didn't charge for the jig and a decent fabricator would only need an hour or so to make up a jig. It's only two secondary pipes at one end and the larger primary pipe at the other end! I suspect he doesn't want to do it this way and is scaring you off with the price!

I told him what the 'monkey' had said last time and and he confirmed with the car there he would do it for £150, have it all polished up and fitted to the car within the Day so I could have her back in My garage overnight.

If you go this route, tell them to take great care removing the secondary pipes from the manifold, I was being careful and still caught the fibreglass with the clips as it came off and chipped the gel coat, hence my CF cover plate now.

image.png.d2c74c49e107f2f0d9af26271a11e096.png

Also make sure the secondary pipes are exactly the same length as the catted pipe!

I'm not sure how to go about this now.  I asked if he could run off 3/4 more using my car as the template for the decatted pipe,  he said he could but would need my car for more than the day, and wouldn't be willing to go any cheaper on the costs. 

Why wouldn't he want more business! Another worrying sign! Surely once, they've measured they just cut 3 or 4 of each piece, it won't take that much longer.

Provisionally I have booked in with him to do the work in a couple of weeks time, I have a few more fabricators with a good rep to try local to me to see if I can get them made off the car from Ians spare, I will look to get to these some of the evenings next week if/when i find the time, but cant guarantee I will have any success.

I'd keep looking or continue to try and get hold of Russ! He's worth it. Even if you post my pipe to him, it will work out cheaper! I did have to have the secondary pipes flaired slightly locally to ease fitment, but other than that it's a nice piece of pipe! 

11 hours ago, LukeW said:

image.png.ae0d5a7233b4303d28ad79e56e4cf7c5.png

Have you checked this dimensionally to ensure it will fit? I'm not sure if the loose wire is to show where the Lambda sensor boss is? It looks to be a different place, however there is plenty of slack on my cable to allow a different position if required.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.