Bonkers turbo Westfield

SXRORY

Describes the engine as 'Bomb proof' but is offering 4, Yes four, spare engines!

Ā 

• Haha 1

Government MOT check notes show its exhaust as noisy - no kiddingĀ šŸ˜ƒ

Ā 

35 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Describes the engine as 'Bomb proof' but is offering 4, Yes four, spare engines!

Ā 

Ā 

4 minutes ago, NickBW said:

Bomb Proof - but here are 4 spare engines!

dĆ©jĆ  vu šŸ˜œ

• Like 1

Just now, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Ā 

dĆ©jĆ  vu šŸ˜œ

hahah,Ā 

To be honest, the seller is right about how much development work would be needed to reliably get that sort of power (and control the heat) - hell of an achievement!

• Like 1

I think it needs 4 spare NSF cycle wings. Looks like you can only go straight on or right else you need to replace a melted cycle wingšŸ˜†

I can identify with this - I took a bog-standard Fiat Coupe 20v turbo (220bhp) to almost 500bhp and was still using it as a daily driver. The basic lump has now done about 300,000 miles with a couple of self-inflicted top-end rebuilds. It took a LOT of development / money / heartache / lying to SWMBO to get it there, but it was fun, in a "because I can" sort of way...

Ā 

However, 500bhp in a 1350kg tin-top is "lively" - it must be utterly mad in a Westie weighting half as much

He's flying a very big kite at that price. Suffice to say I'm quite pleased that the turbo on my tintop is inside the bonnet

As much of an achievement at that power is (assuming itā€™s reliable - but considering the 4 spare engines being offered with it, leaves a lot to the imagination), I think it looks like a Halfords Ripspeed special, and would struggle to place in the ā€œreaders ridesā€ section of Max Power magazine without insult. Ā Thereā€™s a lot nicer turbo setups than that.

It just needs the right dashboard that suits its styleĀ šŸ˜ˆĀ šŸ™„Ā šŸ¤£

• Haha 1

From memory he used to be a member many years ago and was quite well respected at the time.

IĀ May be getting mixed up but ISTRĀ that he was building a 5 cylinder Volvo turbo engine to replace that.

the Saab engine is pretty bullittĀ proof to be honest but having spares is always nice.

price is high and you can get a lot of great cars for that asking priceĀ 

Ɨ
Ɨ

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.