Lightweight brakes and hubs, for repair SOLD

Tim Reid

These Westfield branded Highspec calipers did very well on my 175bhp zetec saving lots of weight on the original M16 calipers but we're not up to a hard track session with the power of the new engine so were cooked on one side as I came into the pits. 

Basically they got too hot and one side bound on. When I released them fluid appeared to be leaking from either the flexi line or around the pistons. I didn't investigate further as my day was over and I decided on a big upgrade.

Maybe they can be rebuilt or used for making a novelty item so have some value to someone?

I also have a pair of alloy hubs and solid groved discs complete with bearings. One has a trigger wheel perfectly fitted. I think the studs are longer than standard at 60mm but I also have shorter ones.

For a road car they were fine but for lots of hard track work I would get the runout checked as the machining from Westfield/Rally Design/Highspec is not perfect. If my suspicions are correct they could be machined to be perfect.

They are much better than the first pair and I have used them for quite a while. I'm just being really honest as I don't know what a buyer intends to use them for.

Again I'm open to offers for someone who can use them.

I can post or collection from near Reading, Berkshire is more than welcome so you can inspect.

IMG_20200724_202415.jpg

IMG_20200724_202424.jpg

IMG_20200724_202457.jpg

IMG_20200724_202429.jpg

Can you pm me roughly what you think you want for them inc postage 

many thanks Craig 

7 hours ago, Craigib76 said:

Can you pm me roughly what you think you want for them inc postage 

many thanks Craig 

PM sent.

Here are some pricing options for those that are interested:

Hubs only £45.

Hubs, studs, bearings £55

Hubs, studs, bearings, discs £80

Calipers (£350 new) and flexi lines for widetrack £75*

Everything £145

All including UK postage.

* = I've done some of my own research and been advised seals for both calipers are £58 (includes postage).

• Like 1

Calipers sold.

Hubs, studs, bearings, discs remaining.

Hi Tim,

I'll take the hubs, studs bearings and discs providing they fit Cortina uprights/stub axles. Let me know how you want payment by PM.

Thanks

Rich

All sold.

Many thanks.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.