Oops - nosecone respray #3 required...

NigelO

Of all the stupid, avoidable accidents....

Went out for a great blast around the Peak District - got home, parked on the drive, took the bonnet off, went into the garage to fetch some tools, set the tickover, walked back down the drive into the garage and the car tried to follow me

IMG_0603.thumb.JPG.ceb6e5411d46e985479d0ac59e04a194.JPG

The handbrake was on, but I think the brakes must have been fairly warm. As they cooled  down, it was enough to let the car roll. Schoolboy error. Pretty sure it can be repaired, but I'm properly irritated with myself, as I spent a lot of time and effort getting the nosecone just right.

• Sad 6

Spoken with the bodyshop - they think they can repair it with some fibreglass mattnig on the underside and some very careful resin filling for the bare carbon bit

The spending continues though - while the nosecone was off, I got annoyed with the state of the original Polo radiator - very shabby. Cooling was marginal at best, with the fans on almost permanently in traffic.  A quick phone call and a couple of hundred quid later and a nice shiny 55mm core Coolex rad is on its way

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NigelO said:

Spoken with the bodyshop - they think they can repair it with some fibreglass mattnig on the underside and some very careful resin filling for the bare carbon bit

The spending continues though - while the nosecone was off, I got annoyed with the state of the original Polo radiator - very shabby. Cooling was marginal at best, with the fans on almost permanently in traffic.  A quick phone call and a couple of hundred quid later and a nice shiny 55mm core Coolex rad is on its way

I hope you've asked for WSCC discount. Coolex are a sponsor and offer a discount to members.

17 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

I hope you've asked for WSCC discount. Coolex are a sponsor and offer a discount to members.

Thanks Ian - you've probably forgotten I'm originally from Yorkshire - discount already claimed, AND they are modifying the design to work with the standard Spal fan supplied by Westfield, but mounted on the daft metal frame with gaps all around the edge.... Saves buying a new fan when I already have a perfectly good one

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NigelO said:

but mounted on the daft metal frame with gaps all around the edge

Quality design...

Why not get a temp sticker...

Ouch.thumb.jpg.24dbf8adb0e45b1813f96ed96fc2fefc.jpg

LOL - I like that!

No need though - I've re-fitted my OE nosecone and the carbon one is off to the bodyshop on Friday