Temporary Insurance

LukeW

I want to add a friend to my policy, but due to his age (less than 25) my policy will not cover him. 

Has anyone ever used temporary car insurance with a full policy still in place on the car? 

I have tried to get a couple of quotes and the Westfield is not a car they are willing to insure even if it is just for a week! 

Just wandering if anyone has had any success with a temp policy on a Westfield? 

3 hours ago, LukeW said:

I want to add a friend to my policy, but due to his age (less than 25) my policy will not cover him. 

Has anyone ever used temporary car insurance with a full policy still in place on the car? 

I have tried to get a couple of quotes and the Westfield is not a car they are willing to insure even if it is just for a week! 

Just wandering if anyone has had any success with a temp policy on a Westfield? 

There's a clue in his age, unfortunately! It's very kind of you to let him drive your weapon! If you do find anyone willing to cover, they're likely to put a crazy excess on too!

13 minutes ago, Alan France said:

Have you talked to @A-Plan Insurance THATCHAM they may be able to help

Thats who I use to cover the westie currently and was my first port of call u fortunately no joy. 

13 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

There's a clue in his age, unfortunately!

I didn’t think it would be a problem, as I first insured a kit when I was 19 for a fraction of the cost of my normal daily at the time. So thought a weeks cover would be straight forward to arrange. 

Seems I was wrong! 

What about Adrian flux?

I don't use them despite living in same town.. but worth a try?

Have rang them today they seem more helpful and were supposed to come back to me with prices before end of play today which they didn’t. Will give them another nudge tomorrow.

On 06/07/2020 at 17:21, LukeW said:

Thats who I use to cover the westie currently and was my first port of call u fortunately no joy. 

We have temporary insurance on our website, which as you say is seperate to your main insurance and runs alongside... I'm not sure if it will work for kits but might be worth a look (it's only online so i've not had experience in using it in branch)

Carlie

18 hours ago, Stuart said:

These guys advertise in motorway services. Could be worth a try? https://www.cuvva.com/

Tried these, they’re not interested as the reg isn’t on their database.

4 hours ago, A-Plan Insurance THATCHAM said:

but I'm not sure if a kitcar registration would bring anything up 

You’re right Carlie the registration doesn’t show up what car it is, so a non starter too 😞

LukeW can you pm me your post code and registration so I can take a look and see if I have any other ideas for you lol

• Like 2