Seats. ; Jk composite /Sport turbo

Weekend Warrior

Does anyone know if Jk composite seats with the mount  sits you lower in the car than sport turbo seats on runners ? 
I was out and about today with one of the kids ,helmeted up and having a good day ,when I caught sight of my reflection in a shop window and saw that my helmet was level if not a tad above the top of the MSA roll bar .

Im 6’1 and currently have lowered floors and turbo seats  would the Jk’s sit me lower ?

Thanks 

Steve 

I can't say anything about how they compare with another seat,

I do know that the lowest point of the seat on the JK's with the base is , within the thickness of a layer of  fibreglass, at floor level. 

If you see the seats without bases on the page below, imagine them pushed all the way into the base. 

http://www.jkcomposites.com/sevens/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Sure its an msa bar?

Yes the jks sit you lower

I’m sure it is Steve ,don’t suppose you know how much lower  id like an inch or so or to make it worth while .

EF8E33DB-63C0-42B2-8572-C54B16FFD7AD.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Matt_S said:

I can measure mine tomorrow?

3AA9F593-A2FB-4ED1-8885-187C86B3BE39.thumb.jpeg.7a73569d763071cd959d529a08980f32.jpeg

Cheers Mat, that looks nice I like the Orange and black combo 👍
Is yours a wide body with lowered floors ? If so would you be good enough to measure from bit you step over to the bit your A*** cheek sits in just incase your roll cage differs from my bar .

Thanks 

Steve 

Yes, wide body and has lowered floors,  I also have runners under mine but will probably remove them after the IVA.

I will measure them up tomorrow when I get back from work 👍🏼

I have JKs with lowered floor. One side on runners and the other straight to floor so I can get both measurements for you 👍

• Thanks 1

This one is on runners, the deepest part of the seat is 30mm above the floor.

As I said, without runners I think you are pretty much sitting on the floor. 

Jim

It will be worth confirming with the others' measurements, designs can change in small companies like that. 

Seat Depth.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

No sorry no measurement. Do you have lowered floors?

Yes Steve lowered floors . 

13 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I have JKs with lowered floor. One side on runners and the other straight to floor so I can get both measurements for you 👍

Thanks Chris it would be good to have the 2 measurements (with and without runners)  may be useful for anyone doing a search in the future , 
I’m the only one that drives the car so they don’t really need to be adjustable . 

Just a thought but as I’m 17 st  and a bit will the bigger 4246 seat fit in the passenger side of a widebody Car with Mt75 tunnel, I understand from old threads I’d have to put the narrower 3942  In the passenger side as it’s not as wide . 

The wider passenger seat would need trimming at the top to make it fit is that right ? 
Has anyone mixed the 2 sizes any reason not to , anyone have any thoughts , pictures would be good if anyone has any . 

Thanks 

Steve 

1 hour ago, Weekend Warrior said:

Just a thought but as I’m 17 st  and a bit will the bigger 4246 seat fit in the passenger side of a widebody Car with Mt75 tunnel, I understand from old threads I’d have to put the narrower 3942  In the passenger side as it’s not as wide . 

The wider passenger seat would need trimming at the top to make it fit is that right ? 
Has anyone mixed the 2 sizes any reason not to , anyone have any thoughts , pictures would be good if anyone has any . 

Thanks 

Steve 

Mine are the wider ones - I think 4246. I ordered them after taking the (wrong) advice from JK. I should have got the narrower ones. I did need to trim them at the shoulders - but they fit. 

Ok mine are 46 wide at the top but look like 39 at the base. 

Trimmed to fit 

4A7E6CCD-90E4-4AC8-8D2D-7A937E31BF45.jpeg

so measuring from bottomest bit of seat to the sides of the car in pic 32cm with runners and 34cm without. 

655783C1-4751-41A2-A0E0-17EFAAFB33B4.jpeg

• Thanks 1