Recommend me a trailer

AlanHodge

Good evening all, looking at getting a trailer for SEIW, Thinking Ifor Williams CT115 or CT136. I think CT115 would be ok though dimensions seem a bit tight,  Any off you guys or gals using a CT115 or Have recommendations for any other makes/models. Thanks in advance Alan

CT115 is the best tool I´ve ever had. Robust. Light. reliable. Extreme quality and tows amazingly.

Now covered... but I´ve used it many years uncovered.

18765890_1295020413899550_25357403340817

18765658_1295020487232876_1331487541944869855825_10158375239798357_7011978609770

54434708_10157936390063357_7375671080276

I suppose there are a few more questions, does it need to fit in a single garage, is it just for the westy. 

I have a brian james micro max that fits a seiw and does fit in a single garage with the A frame under my work bench at the end. Great bit of kit. Pulled all over the country for the speed series. 

I have a Brian James Minno twin axle trailer coming available soon. Perfect for a Westfield.

It fits into a single garage.

Tows really well

4 new tyres.

All new LED lights

PM me if you are interested. I can throw in 4 straps and the front box you can see on the A-frame in the photo.

418E7B32-9580-4DE0-BD1C-E7BBAF272407.thumb.jpeg.027c53ba2ffa9582cb328e045a300852.jpeg

I have a Brian James C2 126-1211 -- 3.7m x 1.8m bed which is great for small cars, unfortunately I haven’t got any pictures with my car fully assembled on it. It tows lovely and very easy to load and manoeuvre.

5688015C-89A4-48BA-B4E8-3EA2ED1E7E71.thumb.jpeg.ba2701dc14cb0565d6ed59bc61d8e004.jpeg

6DD8D505-3B72-42D5-92F5-60DF96147380.thumb.jpeg.dccfb5e567f2f21cc0c6529b32c775f0.jpeg

EF269DC9-9DC1-40D2-B3FF-3BF324F2AFBB.thumb.jpeg.daea196ad41b45bf3284ed18d389abc8.jpeg

0C248AD2-8415-4719-A574-2C6E532BED1A.jpeg

24C8AA6A-2D23-42C1-9BAA-11C685D6783F.thumb.jpeg.8954ec6c818ccc43c033554a614c4b8a.jpeg

Thanks for responses guys, looking like The CT115 is the answer after a bit more research today. Thanks for offer @KugaWestie but will be getting a new one as we have a existing trailer to px against it 👍🏼.

• Like 1

Always been very impressed with how well the various Woodfords I’ve pulled have towed.

My preference is to have a twin axle trailer as I domino fancy the outcome from a tree blow out at speed on a motorway etc

1 hour ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

My preference is to have a twin axle trailer as I domino fancy the outcome from a tree blow out at speed on a motorway etc

Those things are a mith and never happen terry. Pure physics if you want to think a bit about it.

But Ive actually blown tyres twice in a single axle trailer, one of them at over 150kph (probably why it blew) and aside of a weird vibration, i could barely notice it. I also lost a full wheel a few months ago in the ifor williams, and more the same... a bit of a vibration...

Wen you lose or blow a tyre, the trailer tries to drag you back and heavily loads the towing hook pulling back and staying in a perfectly stable condition. It will never overtake you, nor pull you to a side... they are just as safe as a twin axle.

Dont forget twin axles are much more sensible to the loads, alignments and much less easy to manoeuvre in general, they are heavier and unnicesary for a seven... Twin axles are not there for safety, are there for load capacity!!

Everyone is indeed free to tow with whatever they want and whatever they FEEL safer... but twice the axles does not means twice the safety... it only means an aditional axle being dragged for no reason.

I actually feel paranoid everytime i do tow a twin because if a tyre blow in the less loaded axle, you won't notice it and the mess will be even greater than stopping right away to sort the issue!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maurici said:

because if a tyre blow in the less loaded axle, you won't notice it

Well that’s definitely true!

Whenever I tie, I always do a visual check at any stops, before leaving and returning etc. 

A few years ago, I left Omex having collected the Westfield, all tyres good, drove the three or four hours home up the motorway, and realised when I looked at it at home on the drive, one of the four rear wheels had a gash in it and no pressure whatsoever. No idea when it went, never felt any different behind the pickup.

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Well that’s definitely true!

Whenever I tie, I always do a visual check at any stops, before leaving and returning etc. 

A few years ago, I left Omex having collected the Westfield, all tyres good, drove the three or four hours home up the motorway, and realised when I looked at it at home on the drive, one of the four rear wheels had a gash in it and no pressure whatsoever. No idea when it went, never felt any different behind the pickup.

Lucky you. probably didn´t happen to far from your final destination.

The most likely outcome is that you won´t notice it, the tyre will rip off, take the wheel arch with any electrics with it, and end hitting whatever precious good you have over the trailer... and then... you notice!! Xd.

Of course, if you are in a hard covered trailer, this is not an issue and you probably need the second axle only to carry the trailer, centre deck and cover, and there is totally necessary...

On 15/06/2020 at 23:31, WoodyAlan said:

Good evening all, looking at getting a trailer for SEIW, Thinking Ifor Williams CT115 or CT136. I think CT115 would be ok though dimensions seem a bit tight,  Any off you guys or gals using a CT115 or Have recommendations for any other makes/models. Thanks in advance Alan

Hi Alan , your welcome to try my trailer ,it tows really good and being single axle is easier to manoeuvre! I’m pretty sure it’s a Brian James CT 126

Jim

10 hours ago, maurici said:

But Ive actually blown tyres twice in a single axle trailer, 

It’s good to hear that this isn’t as “fatal” as you’d expect!

I must admit I’d toyed with the idea of swapping my (excellent) BJ Micro Max for a twin axle trailer for that very reason. 

Happy to keep it now as it’s a cracking little trailer 😁