• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick Wright

• JasonR

• SteveD

• stu999

Wotbox's car featured on the cover should give you some inspiration  :D  :D  :devil:

He didn't by any chance own one of those VW Polo Harlequin's did he?   ???

Sorry to spoil your fun but I'm going back to the thread.

1 - You could consider carbon nosecone and bonnet (nosecone factory item - bonnet I'm not sure)

2 - Why dont you give your current remaining panels a good polish with Red colour magic polish, and then see how close they are to current PO red cars - you never know it may not have faded as much as you think. (Or buy new panels anyway and stick 'em under a UV lamp and shower alternately until they mathc the old stuff !!!;)

a safe bet would be the black, as mentiond by others, carbon also woudl suit it very well, but more expensive (if i could afford it, id have carbon)

Maybe blue?  but then again im a spiderman fan dont laugh;) LOL id just have to sticker it up in spidy decals to boot hehe

(Thats not your new car is it chris?)

I'd go for black, mabey with a red stripe to tie it into the rest of the body work.... damn that sounded very changing rooms.  

On another thread is there any point in going to the expense of carbon fibre body work when the body work isn't load bearing and the weight difference between carbon and glass fibre can't be that much.....

Just a thought from a student, ill go back to the union bar now..... Coat please

weight difference between carbon and glass fibre can't be that much.....

If you were doing the whole body, the weight difference is more than you might think. For a nose cone, according to the Fluke Motorsport database, a carbon fibre one is about half the weight of a standard fibreglass one. There isn't much to choose between a lightweight fibreglass one and a carbon one, but I know which will be stronger, and more durable........

Nick

I had a similar dilemma after the bonnet flew off on a track day :(  My car is a 1990 in red.  

I did compare my car to the new red and it is very different in colour, the factory said they could try to match the colour but would not guarantee that it would match.  In the end I went with a black bonnet (and some decent catches!!;) I have now also changed the cycle wings to black. Plus it all matches with the black aeroscreen.

I can email you some pics if you are interested.