most profit made on a car

SteveD

so come on then whats the most profit you have made on a car in the shortest time ,

bought a saab convertible p reg in pimp yellow 20,000 miles for 2.5 k give it a clean and put two new headlights in it ran it for a couple of months in summer and sold it for £7000 chi ching  :t-up:

You mean you made a profit on a car :D

Best I'v ever done is break-even after 6 months:D

Got given a  64 Mini & sold it a year later for £400.

What a loverly little car. :love:  :cool:

Apart from that as Nick says maily in the RED with cars, I wouldn't like to think how much money I've spent on them over the years, must be nearly as much as BEER, :oops:

Got given a  64 Mini & sold it a year later for £400.

What a loverly little car. :love:  :cool:

Apart from that as Nick says maily in the RED with cars, I wouldn't like to think how much money I've spent on them over the years, must be nearly as much as BEER, :oops:

Andy :bangshead:

so come on then whats the most profit you have made on a car in the shortest time ,

stop it..

I have never bought a cheap car that went fast..

.. or ever sold a car for more than I paid for it.

You're just showing off.

nick come on is that you in the car in your avtar  :t-up:  :durr:  :suspect:  ;)

Thinking about it, did make a couple of hundred on an 3series BM couple of year's back. 20 odd people phoned about that one. Trouble is I tend to buy em and keep em too long.

Cheers

Nick

Bought a Y reg Scirroco GTi, and a D reg Audi GT coupe, from a local farmer a couple of years ago.

Both had less than 20k miles each, been stored indoors - so absolute mint condition, one owner, and full dealer sevice history from new. The fella only wanted £250 for them both!!

I ran them both for a couple of months, then sold them both to a collector from Ilkeston for £4k (for the pair!;)

Thank you very much :t-up:  :t-up:  :D  :p

How about a Flymo for 2 quid.

Sold it one hour later for 60. Does this count ?

Or how about a Westy SEI for £350

And

Havn't sold it yet (nor is it for sale !;).

I've never made profit on a car but I reckon I could sell my westy (if I wanted to, which I dont! ) for 50% more than I bought it for a year ago.

My brother has a nice tale....

bought an old toyota in Canada for 90 canadian dollars. Drove it down the west coast and into the central american jungle. He has some nice pics of it on jungle tracks, up to its axles in mud etc. Also a nice line in fording rivers- if in doubt drive as fast as you can and when it sinks get out a rope and pull it out the other side! Let it dry out for a few hours then drive on....  :0:cool:

Eventually ripped the gearbox mount off on a rock so had to "repair" it with a wire coathanger. Sold it for 2000 US dollars :0:0