the chopper is back !!

wrightster

the originals have got a cult following  

When did he escape  :D  :devil:  :D

Where's the pictures of the new one?

I had one back in the Seventies, and boy were they  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

But as a bike they were terrible really...........twice as heavy as my mates racer.........dodgy gearchange position...........and handlebars that moved when you pulled a wheelie or braked hard :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

David

Raleigh Grifter mate - throttle style twistgrip gears on the handlebars, cool as oops, i said a naughty word!  :p  :D

Only downside was that it weighed the same as a tank :(

Must've looked a bit odd, 20 year old chap on a Chopper..... :devil:  :devil:

But I was only 10..............don't be fooled by the grey hair.........sorry did I say grey........I meant very light blond  :p  :p  :D  :D

David

Wicked, Never had one, I too was a budgie-striker-Grifter-Bomber child myself.

Had a couple of very scary 'moments' on the back of my mates chopper though :blues:

What memories those names have brought back(thirtysomethings only I guess)

Anyone remember the Raleigh Burner or Super Burner, their attempt at a BMX?   Funny, that weighed as much as a tank as well! :D  :D

They had car tyre valves  :cool:  :cool: so thought I was being very grown up using the garage compressed air :oops:  :oops:

Unfortunately, I blew the tyre to shreds   :sheep:  :durr:  :arse: then my dad made me buy the new tyre and inner tube (about 4 months pocket money) :down:  :down:  :arse:  :bangshead:  :angry:  :angry:

David

Yeah awesome old bike the 'Chopper'

had a big off on one whilst travelling 'Flat in 3rd' down hill....cue massive tank/frame slapper 7 stiches later....new grifter 'result'

Trev :D