Nice driving.

Andrew

Clutch failure in qualifying resulting in a pitlane start to the race. P20 to P6. Some cracking passes, also some eek! moments. It's a good watch. 

I still think that Márquez astonishing ride in Valencia 2012 is something to behold. 

Quite deservedly relegated to the back of the grid after some rather appalling qualifying antics, he brushed it off and stormed through the field to go from last (33rd) to 11th on lap ONE. 

He won it with three laps to go. 

https://youtu.be/3k6llrYTfTw shows his start - watch it from the rider view, it’s just jaw dropping. 

9 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

https://youtu.be/3k6llrYTfTw shows his start - watch it from the rider view, it’s just jaw dropping. 

Excellent! It's a shame the rider's view is a view of the rider's :arse: though. 😉 

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Excellent! It's a shame the rider's view is a view of the rider's :arse: though. 😉 

Yeah but you get a real feel fo how fast he was - humongous kahoonahs!

That F1000 vid just popped up in my youtube feed, I wasn't really proposing it was a best ever.. I just thought it was a bl**** good watch. 😉

But if we're off into the "best evers" this was a pretty good opening lap.

Senna racing, Hunt and Walker commentating; perfection. I so miss those days of F1.

You have to click through to watch it on YouTube, (it’s only licensed to play directly on their portal).

38 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

You have to click through to watch it on YouTube, (it’s only licensed to play directly on their portal).

Ah should have read the words - doh! 🤪

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

But if we're off into the "best evers" this was a pretty good opening lap.

Agreed - but not quite like taking 1/3 of the grid before the first corner, the next 1/3 before the First lap and the rest with three laps to spare. 

Just saying 😁

19 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Agreed - but not quite like taking 1/3 of the grid before the first corner, the next 1/3 before the First lap and the rest with three laps to spare. 

Just saying 😁

Bikes have a bit more space than F1 cars on track to do that though don't they..  I'm not dissing bike racing.. in fact I do watch the odd one now and again. Was really into it years ago.. Rainy Schwantz and Doohan era. (sp??)

Anyway here's another that's just popped up.. Nothing special but what a cracking camera angle. Bit of a whoopsy at about 4:50

Nice circuit. 😎

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Bikes have a bit more space than F1 cars on track to do that though don't they..

There you go... bringing facts into things. So unfair. 

32 minutes ago, Andrew said:

in fact I do watch the odd one now and again

A bit like me and car racing. I find bike racing so much more enjoyable than cars, especially the likes of Moto3 where you get mental barely pubescent teens swapping 5 places on every corner and often right up until the last corner any one of 15 of them could win it!

F1 is a bit - ok a lot - like watching paint dry with coats applied by exceptionally skilled technicians using really cool technology.