• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

I'm back!

gadrego

Hi everybody, I sold my Westy last summer and I'm starting to itch to get back behind the wheel of one.  This time my criteria may be slightly differnet though.  I've started a new job recently and I don't need my tintop to get to work and back.  I do use it for longer journeys from time to time but thats gonna be about it.  So instead of buying a westy as a second car, I'm thinking of getting one as an only car.

I'm a bit out of touch with prices and developments having been absent for a few months.  If I was to get rid of the tintop for about £6500, I could probably spend up to £8k on a westy.  Assuming I was gonna buy in February, what might I get for my money?

On another point, how easy is it to switch between aeroscreen and windscreen, I never bothered on the last one?

8k puts you firmly into 16v engined wide body territory. I would imagine you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a decent Zetec or Vx engined car for that sort of money.

The aeroscreen issue is being discussed in this thread in Techie Talk.

Andy

Welcome back :)

for 8K, you'd be looking for a 3 year old good condition, low mileage, standard, Zetec car. Or similar

Si

Good to see you back mate! Now you know what I'm gonna suggest, don't you? 4A-GE  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Mind you, actually finding a used 4A-GE at this time of year (let alone in Summer) is another matter entirely.

Good luck  ;)

I think Zetec / VX SEiW prices start at £8K, anything less than this in good shape would be a bargain.

IMHO

I think Zetec / VX SEiW prices start at £8K, anything less than this in good shape would be a bargain.

IMHO

Dunno about everyday use (then again I'm getting a bit soft in my oldage, camping sounds like tourture nowadays).

Andy :suspect:

Welcome back

for 8K, you'd be looking for a 3 year old good condition, low mileage, standard, Zetec car. Or similar

Si

Where have you seen this Si. :suspect:

Cheers guys,

With that in mind, are there any new websites I should be looking for cars for sale on other than the usual findit and autotrader (and this site).

are there any new websites I should be looking for cars for sale on other than the usual findit and autotrader (and this site).

I don't normally advocate the buying of kit car mags, 'cos they're rubbish. However, for insurance and classified ads for cars, they're excellent.........

Thanks.

Forgot about pistonheads.

Blatman:  You're right about Kit car mags being crap but I guess when I have the money waiting to buy a car, I ought to buy a few.

Anybody know much about the BRG Raceline car advertised on pistonheads?  Anybodies on here?

You could also perhaps take a look at Hallmark Cars website  :D