Blyton Track Day 2020 - will you be there?

Andy Banks

Blyton 2020 Track Day Attendance  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend the Bylton 2020 Track day?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you willing and able to help on Saturday?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you willing and able to help on Sunday?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Are you willing and able to help on Saturday AND Sunday?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Should we be able to venture out into the big wide world at some stage soon, how do you feel about attending the Blyton Track day on Friday 10th July 2020?

In order to ensure our plans are sound for making the track day happen, please respond to the poll.

We normally get around 40 cars and some 45 or more drivers/passengers - this is however, not a normal year so we are expecting reduced numbers. Your responses to this poll will be really useful in enabling us to fully understand the demand for the day and if it stacks up, we will make it happen.

In addition, any help you feel you are happy to give in supporting the sprints on Saturday and Sunday (should they also be able to go ahead) would be welcomed, so please also indicate if you can do so or not.

Given the current situation, it is unlikely that we will have the regular evening meal at the Pub or the WSCC marquee and BBQ and are therefore unlikely to plan for them but, we believe there will be camping and the usual on-site facilities with the appropriate distancing measures in place should they still be required. Whilst we understand a few competitors make use of the track day for shakedowns, etc. and that the track day feeds the softer side of the sprint weekend by way of volunteers - please consider the track day as a separate activity i.e. it is not a dependency for nor is it dependent on the Sprints on the Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks very much.

• Like 1

Looks like I won’t be on holiday like the last couple of years so Blyton is next best thing to Florida 😂

• Like 1

Please do the poll even if you already have a trackday entry

Thanks

2 hours ago, EBD Engineering said:

what about if you have already booked the trackday?

I would suggest you will be there, it helps to know even if you have already booked, thanks.

17 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

I would suggest you will be there, it helps to know even if you have already booked, thanks.

I have already filled the poll in. Can you tell how many people are booked on already. 

Hi Everyone

In response to to the above post from Andy Banks relating to the Blyton weekend please be advised that I have made tentative bookings for the pub and mini bus transport as usual for the regular Friday night Blyton Meal.

Of course these tentative arrangements have been made on the basis and subject to the following provisos:

1) All or part of the planned w/e will actually go ahead

2) Pubs are allowed to re-open by the planned w/e

3) The Black Horse is able and prepared to offer food and drink under the conditions stated in the yet to be issued Exit Strategy

4) Any attendees for either part of the planned w/e do actually want to attend the Friday night pub meal!

I appreciate we await a lot of answers at this moment and time is not on our side but if it is allowed, deemed to be safe and any of the w/e participants want to attend the basic foundations have been laid in anticipation!

Thanks

Graham/Glutey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, EBD Engineering said:

I have already filled the poll in. Can you tell how many people are booked on already. 

Thanks for doing the Poll 👍

Yes we can see how many had already booked which is useful..

BUMP

Thanks Graham!!! you are a legend!

im sure you already know this but blyton have posted on their facebook page that they are back open, and following social distancing rules as per the guidelines

3 minutes ago, EBD Engineering said:

im sure you already know this but blyton have posted on their facebook page that they are back open, and following social distancing rules as per the guidelines

Ooooh interesting. 

Thanks for this information. We will need to decide whether a trackday can be held safely with social distancing as discussed previously. 

do the committee have an idea on a date as to when they will decide if the track day is running or not?

It will have to be in the next couple of weeks realistically in order to give us the best chance of organising everything and ensuring everyones safety. We will post up with those details soon...

Meanwhile, we still need the numbers, so please do continue to fill in the poll - thanks.

• Like 1