Speed Series tyre choice?

stu.graham

Just got the blue book and looking through the various 1A tyres, which are the best for the speed series?  ???  ???

Car is a 2.0ltr VX approx 190bhp

Any help or advice would be appreciated!!!

Cheers

Stuart

What size wheels ?

There are still a few folks with Bridgestone S02's but getting them from stock is now as rare as hens teeth. The S03 is not a direct replacement and to be avoided  ;)  :D

Next common choices are Toyo Proxes, Yoko 539 any advance on those  ???  :D

I was looking at the Yoko 539 or the Bridgestone RE720, as Mr Stanton says the SO2 are like rocking horse s**t  :arse:  :arse:

Any one any comments on the RE720?

If the 15" RE720's are the same compound as the 13 inchers, they should be OK. Buff 'em to 4mm though........

Yes, but it really is only necessary to buff the tread - no need to buff the sidewalls like Dickie did at Mallory!!!

Ah yes, but I also buffed the bodywork, chassis, radiator, suspension, steering and a whole host of other bits  :(  Didn't buff myself at all though  :)

Dickie