Nose cone wanted

kevo2711

I’m hoping to pick up my freshly-painted carbon nosecone this weekend - if so, my old grp nose one will probably be available at some point

The alternative is that for some reason I don’t like the new carbon nosecone, in which case it will be for sale

2 hours ago, NigelO said:

I’m hoping to pick up my freshly-painted carbon nosecone 

You are have a carbon nose painted !🙀

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Rednop1 said:

You are have a carbon nose painted !🙀

LOL - yes, it was an ultra-light race-spec nosecone, with no resin or clearcoat, so the finish was a bit uneven and completely dull. Also, the weave wasn't particularly even, so it wasn't the prettiest of carbon components.

I've had it flatted, primed and painted in Chrome Yellow, with just a small section of carbon weave left visible around the grille aperture

I haven't even seen it yet, so I don't know whether I'll like it

• Like 2

On 15/04/2020 at 07:26, Quinten said:

I have a chrome yellow older "kit" type nose cone.  Replaced it after I had a little 'moment' with the crashbar on a truck.  You can see pictures here: https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/blogs/entry/418-july-2018/

Transport may be a little difficult though?

anything else available? 

Not good news - although the new carbon nosecone is gorgeous and I'll be keeping it, the colour isn't right, so it's going to have to go back for more paint

IMG_0544small.thumb.jpg.1e27ffc609ae3ea57f7048acf3da3bc2.jpg

So - my old nosecone will be available, but not for a while - I'll be taking the nosecone back to the bodyshop next weekend, so hopefully I'll have it back in a couple of weeks or so

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, NigelO said:

Not good news - although the new carbon nosecone is gorgeous and I'll be keeping it, the colour isn't right, so it's going to have to go back for more paint

IMG_0544small.thumb.jpg.1e27ffc609ae3ea57f7048acf3da3bc2.jpg

So - my old nosecone will be available, but not for a while - I'll be taking the nosecone back to the bodyshop next weekend, so hopefully I'll have it back in a couple of weeks or so

Looks ace 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.