Clamping due to no tax disk

markboyce

Looks like they mean business at last... Clampers have been out in force around where I work in Walthamstow for cars not having road tax.

Driving home 6 cars in one street, 4 in another and 7 in the next had all been clamped.

Out of those around half were somewhat decent cars not your usual £50 quid mot failure.   :bangshead:

No sympathy, sorry. My insurance is higher than it needs to be, because of people driving around with no tax / insurance. Why should they get away with it?

Not sure that clamping is the right thing though, although I guess it gets the car off the road. Tow it away, give them a week or so to pay the fine and tax it. If they can't, either sell the car or crush it.

Andy

agree with what your saying totally.  I dont get why they clamp them.  Parking is somewhat difficult as it is. Now they have clamped them no-one else gets to park in the sapce.

It will be interesting to see how long they stay beofre being removed.

you hurl abuse at me... surely not....

Perhaps tomorrow they're going to give the clamped cars a parking ticket  :D

I thought they do tow away as well, don't they?  Wasn't there a case a couple of months ago where they towed a RR which noone claimed so they put out lots of publicity because they didn't want to crush it?  Perhaps it depends on who is responsible in each Local Authority area??

Whilst I agree with measures designed to prevent uninsured untaxed vehicles on our roads is this the most cost efficient way?

No. This is a nice little earner for the private companies retained to clamp, confiscate and dispose of un-taxed vehicles.

Did the government have to extend the legislation (introduced for Fixed Penalty Notices) which reverses the 1000 year old principle of British Law Innocent until proven Guilty to Vehicle licensing?

No. The whole system is, of course, unnecessary.

Clamp 'em no excuse, unless they are in hospital or have died recently. This is one of my bug bears as with  car insurance driving is a privilage not a right if you can't pay stop clogging the roads up and get a bus

Buzz :angry:

PS Hang'em all

Buzz.  Let the b*******s walk,  more buses means less room for me on the road!    :D

Biggest gripe has to be taxing the *cough* 5 cars we own when you can only drive 1 at a time on the road   :arse:

Biggest gripe has to be taxing the *cough* 5 cars we own when you can only drive 1 at a time on the road  

driving is a privilage not a right

:D