Cheap tools etc at Aldi.......

Mark B

cheap stuff like trolley jack £11.99
you get what you pay for, i just had to buy another trolley jack (i got it for xmas really) to replace the 15 quid machine mart one i've got that still works but is an absolute nightmare (i've had that one 2 months).  The swivel wheels at the back are the most important bit if you ask me.

Scruffy

I always keep a basic toolkit in the boot just in case, along with spare alternator belt, personally I'd rather fix something myself if it's easy to do by the roadside than wait for the rac/aa, (I hear cries of "what's the use in being a member then" coming my way) plus comes in handy to help anyone else out if needed.

I know what you mean about trolley jacks scruffy, I've just had to replace one that I've only had for about 18 months (bought from halfrauds) because the seals are gone, but my old jack that's done loads of work still keeps going, it cost a bit more but obviously worth it in the end if you're using them a fair bit.

Regards,

Mark.   :suspect:

I got a really good one from my mum for christmas, she went to her garage which she's know for ages and ages and got one they reccomended (and at trade prices!;).  Last time i was there i saw them dragging a 5 series around with the same model :D:D:D

Scruffy

They are rated at 2ton and must be able to handle that, product liability etc. so for a westy I would say they would be fine

The stuff from Aldi is usually OK

HTH

Neil

They don't - The Chinese do

Actually made in Austria :D

Just been to have a look at them,given the price, the jack and stands seem like good value. 2 tonne rating should be ok for a Westy :D