• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

fuel pump best postion

Bryan P

My  130 bhp crossflow had a points type pump mounted in the engine bay, I have just replaced this with a facet 4 - 5.5 psi solid state pump.

I have been advised this should be mounted as close to the tank as possible, it appears to function ok where it is.

Is it worth the effort replumbing to the back of the car ?

should be fitted after tank outlet.

should not be hard to fit as there should been a mounting postion for it there.

but if it works where it is and your happy  leave it there.

:D

Should really be mounted close to the fuel tank with a filter between the tank and the pump. You do not mention a pressure regulator, if you do not have one then I would fit one as you are pumping at a higher pressure than you used to be. For twin carbs it needs to be about 2.5psi and mounted close to the carbs.

Cobby

I have a filter king 67mm reg between the pump and carbs, the facet pump does not have a pre filter unlike my points pump so I guess a need a filter in front of the pump as well.

Bryan

personally i would fit as close to the tank as possible

these pumps do not create a lot of suction lift and if they loose head (oo-err missus) then they will run dry.  as they are effectively self lubricating they will quickly seize when run dry.

OiOi