Spare tyre? You dont need it.

hilux

Throw away your spare tyre.

Im gonna use this when I get my Ginetta back on the road :p cos there is nowhere for a spare on it anyway.

Friends of mine are using it in their motorbikes with great success.

I like the idea that it seals large `wounds` yet allows controlled deflation so that you know you have a problem.

A reasonable price too IMHO

PS: I have no vested or commercial interest in this product  :cool:

Matt S will be along soon to explain all

But when was the last time you had a puncture that left you at the side of the road.

Just need an AA/RAC card and phone.

I always used to keep a tube of that stuff they sell in Halfords.  Can't remember what it was called, but if you get a puncture you use it then.  It fills the tyre with some sort of foam stuff, and gets you home again.  It was cheap too.

But when was the last time you had a puncture that left you at the side of the road.

Just need an AA/RAC card and phone.

I used to think the same until I read the AA's terms and they will not recover you if you have a puncture and you don't have a spare tyre (or tyre weld).  I have a can of tyre weld in the car just in case.

Lotus use some kind of tyre inflator/sealer in thier elises/exiges.. If its good enough for them, its good enough for me!! :-)

:down: Oh well

Lotus use some kind of tyre inflator/sealer in thier elises/exiges.. If its good enough for them, its good enough for me!! :-)

:down: Oh well

Oh well what exactly?  :arse:  :blush:  :oops:

We have been here before. Twice I have been through this topic in depth. Without sounding offish please do a search. Or just follow the link in scruffythefirst post ;)

Use an external puncture repair kit, and nothing else.......

............and then you have a flat tyre and no pump (or you have to carry one around) so how do you reinflate the tyre ?

Unlike the proprietary foams which cannot be repaired I believe that this one will allow repairs after the event ??

Anyway my Ginetta`s got a proper boot :D  so I can carry anything I like (except a spare :(  )

ALL the external repair kits come with small cannisters of compressed air to re-inflate the tyre......

Here y'go.....

And yes, I know it's says "motorcycle", but don't let that put you off..........