Cadwell Friday Feb 7th

Andrew

Cadwell Park with MSV this Friday, open pitlane. £89

Have been watching the weather for a few days and it's looking OK for Friday, so have just booked on.

Was looking for a cheapy day just to make sure the car hangs together after some winter "maintenance".. head gasket etc etc. Blyton was looking favourite but Cadwell for £89 is a bit of a bargain.

Short notice I know.. but any interest?

2 hours ago, Ben (bunje) said:

if this would have been next week i may have been tempted but i dont have my car yet

Ah, but would Walter be there next week? ..    …    ….   Walter wall sunshine. 😎

Going to start chucking everything including the kitchen sink into the car shortly, ready for an early start in the morning. Definitely not looking forward to that. :(

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

Ah, but would Walter be there next week? ..    …    ….   Walter wall sunshine. 😎

Going to start chucking everything including the kitchen sink into the car shortly, ready for an early start in the morning. Definitely not looking forward to that. :(

Have a great day Andrew. Wish I could join you.

Well, it was a pap journey there .. Two accidents on the way. Waited for about 10 mins at Scotch corner for the first to clear, then got lucky with a four vehicle pile up at the M18 M180 roundabout. Managed to squeeze through before the traffic piled up. I think I heard on the radio both accidents caused road closures and diversions. Bit misty here and there but nothing too drastic.

Got to the circuit 10 mins before the briefing, so left the car on the trailer, signed on and had a bacon butty and a cup of tea. After the briefing rather than rush unloading the car, I jumped into an Exige for the sighting laps,

Car didn't want to start again! Had to remove the plugs give them a dry off and a blow.. refitted and away we go. :yes:

The circuit was cold and damp in places and took a good while to dry out. Mainly the section under the trees between the hairpin and Barn. The sun popped out about mid morning but it remained pretty cold. I has a set of Pirelli slicks on for the first time, and they seemed to take ages to get any warmth into them. In fact I don't think I got them working properly all day. Half the circuit seemed to be fine.. Park corner all the way through to the hairpin was OK ish.. but Barn, Coppice and Charlies was somewhat lacking in the grip department. Still good fun though. :) (Was wondering if they put any sort of de-icer treatment down? It was frosty first thing, and I know some karting tracks treat the surface in winter)

Anyway, the car ran OK. No fluid losses from the coolant or oil systems. I had one slight hiccup .. After hearing something clattering under the car, I discovered I'd lost yet another alternator bolt. I had a spare to pop in, but this is a recurring problem I need to fix.

Will get a video up at some point.

Pic of one very grubby car in the Cadwell sunshine!

P1150756c.thumb.jpg.2e7a80a66a347d64313a3e5ee8f37286.jpg

And there's some work going on to make more hardstanding. Be nice on a wet day rather than slithering round in the mud!

P1150757.thumb.JPG.c252da2e3042727e66288616c63e1929.JPG

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

And there's some work going on to make more hardstanding. Be nice on a wet day rather than slithering round in the mud!

That’s good news

Glad it turned out ok for you 👍

50 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

That’s good news

Glad it turned out ok for you 👍

Yes, it's just as well there were only about 40 cars entered, as we were all squeezed onto the first two hard standings.

Absolutely no queuing all day. Got to love an undersubscribed MSV day. :yes:

Well done Andrew.. a long day for you but hopefully worth it.. Cadwell always good when it's a bit twitchy!

Something must be causing the bolt to keep going.. something out of balance??

9 hours ago, Mole said:

Something must be causing the bolt to keep going.. something out of balance??

It's a home brewed bracket, and I suspect it's not perfectly aligned. I might bite the bullet and buy a proper kit from Burtons.

I think I've found the reason for some of the slipperiness.. there was a single stage rally at Cadwell last weekend. They were on and off the circuit dragging mud onto the track. I did wonder why it was so dusty in places.

5 hours ago, RussH said:

When are the vids coming?

Here's an interesting one Russ.