As Sppedings a current fav

Bronco Jr

On the subject of speeding, you wont believe this tale, but I swear to you its true

A couple of weeks after I picked up my last fixed penelty, I was heading home on a Friday night through the god awful roadworks on the A1 at newark. Came up behind a police car, driving at 50 mph (it was 70 at that point). It stayed in the fast lane though the inside lane was empty and was maybe 100 yds behind the next car in the fast lane.

After following for some minutes I got fed up and over took on the inside lane. As I drew level with the police car I looked over and spotted the WPC driving with the map light on reading and AZ. I blew my horn and shook my fist at her (good move I thought) and dialed the police from my hands free. I reported a "dangerous driver" reading whilst being in the fast lane of the A1. " did you get get the registration number or type of car?" the officer said. I did I said and told him the reg number, the type of car I told him was a police car. "ah" he said, "thank you for calling"

Over the next two days I was called three times by the officers sargent, telling me how hard the job is and how they have to sometimes do things they would rather not. b*****k I said, if its dangerous to do 85 on a dual carridgeway at midnight with no traffic (the conditions is was "nicked" in) then this must be f**king suicidal I said she should get points the same as I did. Ah said the sargent this doesnt carry points.

Long story short he said he would take no further action and if I wanted to take it further I would have to write to the chief constible. had every intention of doing so then thought whats the point, more intetrnal cover ups, have lost all respect for the spotty faced w*nkers in unifortm from that day on.......

I looked over and spotted the WPC driving with the map light on reading and AZ.

At least she wasn't straining her eyes to read in the dark :p  :p  :p  :p  my mum always told me this was very important :D  :D  :D

David

Just a word of warning......  it is difficult to beat the system!

but its really easy to take the p***.....

you see a police car driving along over the speed limit without flashy lights or silly siren on, take its reg number down and phone you local station. ask them if the car was on an emergency call at the time when they ask why tell them what you saw  :devil:

you wont get anywhere with it but it doesnt 'alf wind them up  :t-up:

not that i have done this nor am i encouraging anyone to do so  :suspect:

:eeyoremode=ON: Before you drop a WPC in the cack I commend you to watch the Ealing Studios version of "An Inspector Calls" with Alastair Sim. :eeyoremode=OFF:

:down:

The memory of that story always cools my ire when I'm in "Sale of Goods Act" mode.

Without a calibrated speedometer, you have no evidence.....

Just like the patrol car that pulled me up on thursday night when I was "allegedly" doing 50 in a 30 mph limit.   He was so upset that he couldn't book me!   I smiled, was polite, and went on my way.

I know we all hate getting caught, but what can we really do about it other than to stick religeously to the speed limits?   I think your chances of dropping any copper in it would be very slim, no matter what you perceive them to be doing.   Just be philosophical, and live with it.

Theres a police station not far from me, what do you think would happen if i wandered up there with a stinger and "left" it lying around infront of one of their tax mobiles?  :D:D:D

my dad always said get your retaliation in first.... ;)

Scruffy