nasty pictures

oioi

Nope, Zanardi's accident was just another car ramming into the side of him.

Is this Kenny Brack's accident? IIRC he had to have major back surgery as a result, but is expected to recover.

edit:

Looking at the images here, this could well be Kenny Brack.

Andy

it wasn't kenny brack

i remember this from quite a few years ago. it was an oval track on the old Cart Series, pre IRL,

can't remember his name but do remember that he survived and came back a year or two later.

it wasn't kenny brack

i remember this from quite a few years ago. it was an oval track on the old Cart Series, pre IRL,

can't remember his name but do remember that he survived and came back a year or two later.

That's correct - it's someone like Stan Fox or summat like that.

I *think* it was at the Indy 500.

Apologies for the misleading information. I was only going on a comparison of the two cars' liveries (they looked similar to me). Also, the circumstances of the accident were similar too (car being ripped apart in the catch fencing).

Andy

Holy s**t ..............that made me shudder  :(  :(

Can't believe he made a comeback, I would have thought his legs would have been smashed to pieces.

David

Stan Fox, Indy 500 1995, 1st Corner Accident (the race Jacques Villeneuve won even though he got given a 2 lap penalty during the race!!;)

He was in hospital for a while but in the end was okay.

BUT he died last year in a road car crash in Australia.

EDIT - Just found this somewhere else on the net:

"Stan Fox was in a coma for five days following his accident at Indy in 1995. He spent four more weeks in the hospital, then six weeks in a rehabilitation facility before returning home to Wisconsin to continue outpatient rehab.

As noted, the head injuries were severe. He developed a seizure disorder as a result and friends said he would often become tired and disoriented toward the end of the day. Some speculated this may have led to the fatal road accident in 2000 -- it happened about 9 o'clock at night -- along with the fact he was not wearing a seatbelt."

There's ya go.

DC

there you go clunk click every trip  :t-up:  ???